• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 18,405

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
BIG ALERT: Landline calls are not counted in FREE calls. You pay extra.

3G pack is not allowed in roaming. It is charged 0.5p/10KB

There is no 5Rs per day romaing plan, you have to buy 75 or 99Rs pack minimum

Ok so I migrated from Airtel prepaid to airtel postpaid (myPlan scheme)

Moved to 299Rs plan with 500 free local calls, 180 STD calls and 135MB internet.

Now I have these queries
  1. How to check how many free calls (local or STD) are left?
  2. How to check how much free MB is left?
  3. How to check free SMS left? (dont have SMS pack but just curious)
  4. What is the number for diverting call for missed call alert?
    (I used to get FREE missed call alert in prepaid - I hope they dont charge me extra just for this!)
  5. How to check last 5 transactions (calls / internet)? In case of prepaid I could check this online or dialing *121#. Again I hope they dont charge me extra in name of itemized bill!
Overall, it seems in postpaid you get very less features! Just giving a try for 3 months.

Please answer if you know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ok found answer to question no 4.

I went to *121# and start/stop service option.

There you can activate Missed call alerts. (When you activate the call divert number is automatically set to +91560)

Currently Missed call alert is FREE! (I hope they dont start charging me without my consent)

So I got call from Airtel.

1) Is not possible. Feature NOT available!! So if I have few hundreds minutes left, I would not know. I will know only after bill is generated.
2) He gave 2 answers. Send 3GUSE to 121 OR DATAUSE to 121. (I Have not tried yet)
3) I forgot to ask
4) Refer to my above post
5) Again not possible!!

Overall not satisfied with Airtel answers. Will revert back to Prepaid once 3 months are over.

Almost in all operators, prepaid is better than postpaid plans, except some corporate plans...

For checking data usage and Unbilled usage amount, there is another option.. Install myAirtel app from PlayStore (if you are using Android phone) and activate it once (via OTP SMS). Then click the 3G button, which shows the usage and data remaining... But the data shown will be one day old, but useful when changing data pack (to verify whether the new pack was activated or not)...

Data usage is ok.. That you can see even with your Android phone.

But for phone calls there is no way to check how many minutes are left.

For 1st two months I under used the minutes (wasted 150 local minutes and 70 STD minutes)

Then when I thought - oh well usage is low lets use (little bit) freely this month and I got 150Rs extra bill.

The point is - u just can not decide if u have FREE minutes going waste and can make certain social timepass calls! 😀