• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 10,884

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
guys i have got an airtel broadband 256kbps double at night(512 at night) unlimited in night connection at delhi for 6 months now or may b 8 months. before i had it 4 all unlimited so i used it almost 24 hours but wen their 99 top up at night plan came i changed 2 it. everything was ok till 2 weeks ago, as ma 512kbps night speed now changes 2 256kbps if i m downloadin STUFF 4m torrents (i always downloaded STUFF 4m it)for ma personel viewing , so if i download torrent ,speed, after half an hour changes 2 256, otherwies it is 512(at night), and now since 2 days they have called me TWICE telling me tat they have 2 install netxpert on ma pc(but i have a wifi router n its not possible 2 install it on router 4 technical reasons ) why r they doin all this ma speed slowed down n all netxpert thing, i m scared of something is cooking I MUST HAVE ATLEAST DOWNLOADED 400GB DATA IN LAST 6 OR 7 MONTHS. pls guys throw some light on it or i will b dead (heart attack) anyone having same trouble with airtel thnx a lot waitin 4 response

umm. they are forcing all the people to upgrade to netxpert. just tell them you dont want it. if they still insist. tell them you would get the connection disconnected and you would move to bsnl/mtnl.they are not watching you. they are just being told to install it on all their customer's machines.

Well this tech did come to my place and did want to install net expert but never insisted on it and since then no one has called up to remind me of it.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Apr 2 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]85810[/snapback]
umm.

they are forcing all the people to upgrade to netxpert. just tell them you dont want it. if they still insist. tell them you would get the connection disconnected and you would move to bsnl/mtnl.

they are not watching you. they are just being told to install it on all their customer's machines.[/b]
BUT THEN Y MA SPEED ONLY NOW AFTER 6 MONTHS SHIFTS TO 256KBPS , WEN I DOWNLOAD BIG STUFFS (IT STARTS WITH 512KBPS N WITHIN HALF AN HOUR OR SO IT SLOWS DOWN 2 256, AND ITS BEEN HAPPENING 4 TWO WEEKS ONLY ALL OF OTHER 5 MONTHS I GOT 512KBPS CONTINUOUSLY) i m talkin about some serious stuff here ma software has encryption options while downloadin n still they can track me wat i m downloading man , i m scared 4 SOME PIRACY ACT KINDA STUFF HERE IF THEY CAN CHECK WAT I M DOWNLOADIN THEY MIGHT B ORDERED 2 DO SO N REPORT BACK......................................

well u should always be afraid of downloading pirated stuff... whether they are watching or not. its illegal and it can be traced to u.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Apr 2 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]85815[/snapback]
well u should always be afraid of downloading pirated stuff... whether they are watching or not. its illegal and it can be traced to u.[/b]
YOU SEE TATS WAT I WAS TRYING 2 KNW HAS IT HAPPENED BEFORE IN DELHI OR MAY BE IN NCR REGION FOR TAT MATTER , have u guys ever happened 2 knw tat someone in india is seriously charged 4 downloadin pirated stuffs?????????????

Few months back, with the Airtel Bill there was this booklet that Airtel distributed. In that they promoted stuff like limewire, kazaa and explained what torrents are, also giving the urls to various torrent search sites. I am not really sure whether they are monitoring illegal downloads. I guess you can carry on, if there is some monitoring going on they would warn you before they charge you

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Apr 2 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]85820[/snapback]
Few months back, with the Airtel Bill there was this booklet that Airtel distributed. In that they promoted stuff like limewire, kazaa and explained what torrents are, also giving the urls to various torrent search sites. I am not really sure whether they are monitoring illegal downloads. I guess you can carry on, if there is some monitoring going on they would warn you before they charge you[/b]
no offence 2 u m8 but tat sounds impossible 2 me ,have u seen it with ur own eyes cos i have neva heard it , airtel promoting 2 torrents is like heavens 4 india , nobody can complain then except the co. holdin the copyrights................

There was a thread discussing this. It was about how Airtel promoted p2p downloads. Cant find it though. And it was recd with my bill, so I had to see with my own eyes

All i can say is that you are not in the USA! There is no MPAA or RIAA that will hunt you down with their bogus lawsuits. If they were so bothered about pirates in India, Nehru Place or for that matter Palika Bazaar are better places to find people and that too find them with enough evidence to support their case. Your speeds getting back to normal in an hour or so odd indeed, but to know what data is being sent over an RC4 encrypted stream is not worth the effort trying to decode it and then only halve the speed after that? why not simply disconnect you instead?. I suggest you call Airtel and complain about the speed issue and put your fears to bed. :lol:

oh there are agencies representing the movie studios and movie companies in india as well. there is always the BCA to represent the software companies.

we CAN be easily be tracked, anyone can track us no biggie in that, but the thing is this is india....no bothers to do it, there r much more serious sources of piracy which need to be checked first rather than tracing broadband users. But still it is not recommended to dwld pirated stuff. rest is upto u ...after all u're the one using the broadband 😉

my speed also goes for 512 for one hr and halves down to 256 kbpsn then if i reboot my modem its again 512 for one hr and again falls downthis is not a torrent related problem this is abt my general download speedi m on 256 kbps which is free in night(top -up) other users please confirm thisi thought AIRTEL people mus b doing this for everybdy but now i m starting to have my doubts abt it PLZ REPLY

QUOTE(thom1111 @ Apr 2 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]85888[/snapback]
my speed also goes for 512 for one hr and halves down to 256 kbps
n then if i reboot my modem its again 512 for one hr and again falls down

this is not a torrent related problem this is abt my general download speed

i m on 256 kbps which is free in night(top -up) other users please confirm this
i thought AIRTEL people mus b doing this for everybdy but now i m starting to have my doubts abt it
PLZ REPLY[/b]
oh ma ma mia , me 2 have exactly same plan n after reading ur post i also realised tat if i reboot ma modem then again ma speed jumped 2 512kbps in 3 or 4 minutes but the reason i cant tell , so pls all u xperts pls hlp both guys me n thom1111 thnx a lot