• Thread starter Thread starter bsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,836

bsd

cool guy
ISP
airtel
got call from airtel customer care saying that ,your broadband plan have a free anti-virus software and asked me to give my email id , i gave them my id. know question is any of you guys using this service,and if yes please let me know about the anti-virus(pc secure). currently i am using panda cloud antivirus.

avoid. ignore. forget. airtel is probably getting paid for this free offer from the company offering the solution. stick to panda and stay cool.

For me it came via auto subscriptions. Each complaint I made, they auto subscribed one license to me. Last month there were six complaints from me to Airtel for internet not working. Received six PC secure auto subscriptions. I replied all the six to f**k off. Finally, Bill came this month. Four got unsubscribed, one license was free and one was charged for Rs.87 + taxes. Called 121 and shouted… got my money back.

No. beam also gives Symantec end point protection. If i remember correctly tikona also gives Free F secure license with their internet connection.But IMO stick to panda cloud anti virus.

Just wait for next month bill and they will add it again in your bill :tongue_2:
They are supposed to be free.

Yes i know but they charge it too sometimes > My frnd calls every month (i think 4 months now) about this issue, getting 75+ added as PC secure charges (shown as DSL charges or something in the bill.) Better avoid it.

ha ha that's why i have posted a question i thought something fishy, because i am subscriber of their service from past 4 years, but from yesterday only i am selected by them for this offer😱hmy:. i have received the key,but any way i wont using that. happy with PANDA:island:. thank you guys for your information.

this is what airtel does. it has turned into a business model for them. they would subscribe you to a service. it would be free for a while and then it would be turned into a paid subscription. people who check their bills closely would notice, complain and get their money back. a lot of people would not, and airtel would make money from them till they do.

Airtel activated PC Secure in my airtel broadband and started to charge Rs.100/- p.m. At the same time, they started giving me discount of Rs.80/- for using PC Secure.

I called up customer care but they said that it can be activated ot deactivated from my side only. I tried logging in to PC Secure website but surpisingly, it had my email id which does not even exist. So, I can't register as "New" and if I click on "forgot password", it sends a new password to the email id which does not exist.

So, finally I gave up thinking it is matter of Rs.20/- + tax (100-80). This was going on for last 5-6 months.

I got this month's bill and saw that this time, they have charged Rs.200/- for PC Secure and given discount of Rs.85/- for using PC Secure. So, now it became an expense of 115/- + tax p.m.

So, I sent them an email with a copy to nodal officer. I was prepared to flood their twitter and facebook wall this time but surpising got a call from nodal officer's office in 2-3 days that they have de-activated PC Secure and reversed the amount.

This is the mail I sent:

Hi.

I have received my current month's bill dated 13th January for the period of11th December, 2011 to 10th January, 2012 of my Airtel Number 0124xxxxxxx, in which you have charged me Rs.200/- as DSL charges (PC Secure) which I have never activated.

Earlier I have been getting Rs.100/- as DSL charges (PC Secure) which I tried to get de-activated but because of your crappy customer care, could never get it done. Later on, I gave up thinking that it is matter of Rs.100/- per month.

Your customer care says that it can be activated ot deactivated from my side only which is not correct. In your PC Secure website, for my account, login email ID registered "doesnotexist@xxxxxxx.com" does not even exist so I can not log in to it. Your technician or customer care have themselves enable it with a non-existent email id just to fleece money. My actual email id is "myemailid@xxxxxxx.com" on which I get my bill from you.

Now your greed is increasing and you have made it Rs.200/-.

I request you to immediately deactivate "PC Secure" from my account and send me a confirmation email.

Regards,

MSE anyone??yru all using panda,Norton,etcMSE is light and good enough as long as you take basic precautions