Airtel Payments Bank (6% interest on deposits over 1 lakh)

Wont be surprised if other banks follow as well. PPF and other savings schemes reduced. Rumours of EPF further reducing. Lower FD rates - Its a matter of before general savings rates also drop.

dad wants me to explore nippon mutual funds when my fd mature later this year.

And in two months time. Its down to 2.5% from June 10.

Soon they will be like bank lockers. If you want to keep anything in account, pay us charges.

Cash deposit limits have been revised too.

Hello! Monthly free cash deposit limit on your Airtel Payments Bank savings a/c is revised to Rs.10,000 effective 01-July-2020. Beyond limit charge: 0.5% upto Rs.50,000 & 0.75% beyond Rs.50,000

Dear Customer,Your Airtel Payments Bank Savings A/c will be charged with SMS alert fee of Rs.10 every 3 months w.e.f. 1-Aug-2020.For details call 400/8800688006

i mean i was surprised when yes bank added this after sbi took over management. but a company like airtel charging for them seems like crazy.

I guess it's a polite way of telling people to close the dummy accounts, so they can wrap up with a sale

Closed my Airtel Payments Bank account. Good riddance I suppose.

I was not keeping any money there. So did not makes sense to pay SMS charges for messages that will keep reminding me that I dont have money in that account.

Airtel Payments Bank on Monday said that its customers will get an increased interest rate of six per cent per annum on savings account deposits of over ₹1 lakh.

This follows Airtel Payments Bank becoming the first payments bank to implement the enhanced day-end savings limit of ₹2 lakh as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, it said.