Airtel Payments Bank (6% interest on deposits over 1 lakh)

I wonder if they're making a profit with the Payment Bank (not sure how they would) or they're in red.

I think Aadhaar KYC restriction has basically fucked up all payments banks for the time being.
And if SC ruling next month makes it optional for anything that does not depends upon the Consolidated Fund of India (or whatever it is called)... The cost of manual KYC would make it just too expensive for them to even keep it operating.

Paytm is already venturing into mutual funds and other investments. Google is going to offer loans through Google Pay. I really do not see the target market for payments banks.

Can I change my registered mobile number in Airtel Payments Bank to a non Airtel number?

I am not sure if its possible or easy to change but my Airtel Payments Bank was linked to my Vodafone number ever since I joined. I only recently ported it to Airtel so a non Airtel number does work with Payments Bank.

The problem is that I want to use the Airtel Payments Bank as just a bank and not recharge Airtel Number associated with it.
I do not get OTP if I do not recharge and the problems come in. In short if you wish to use the Airtel Payments Bank you also need to maintain the Airtel Mobile recharge. My fasttag is associated with Airtel Bank and hence I am stuck. Thinking of deactivating all Airtel related problems.

Can I change my registered mobile number in Airtel Payments Bank to a non Airtel number?
Don't know about changing the no but you can definitely port your airtel no other operator and it will still work with airtel bank payment/otp like before.

Thanks igloo, but I want to completely use a new number!
Airtel team not teady to do that. Their airtel bank points dont know that they are working in a bank.
Last option is just to deactivate every thing and move on with better banks+fasttag like Paytm where you are not binded with mobile service provider. With airtel you are bonded with Airtel Bank & Airtel mobile service.