Airtel offering nightly unlimted @Rs.49/month

• Thread starter Thread starter blr_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,942
Originally posted by sachin214@Jul 28 2005, 10:01 PM
I wud also like to thank airtel for starting service in my area ,cos as soon as airtel started its service ,the existing cable wallah is now chasing people to continue his service and convincing them not to migrate to airtel ,he his now seeking permission to install WI FI imntrument in my building ,to give commpetition to airtel and bsnl ,but my society has now refused him even that.

THis has confirmed the saying" that every dog has his day"
[snapback]18718[/snapback]
[/quote]

errm u calling who a dog here? 😀

ISPs 😛

I would like to clarify something about this scheme in this topic...I am an Airtel DSL subscriber, so i would know (a bit atleast) about it. This plan has been existing since 2 years actually (atleast in bangalore). How exactly does this work?Lets say you have an airtel landline already, for normal phone calls. And you pay a monthly bill of Rs.400 or above. Only in that case, you qualify to avail this plan, and they charge you an additional 49 rupees. So now you are paying Rs.450 a month. Add to this the monthly rental for a DSL modem which you have to get from Airtel (if you dont already have one) - another Rs.50, which brings it to Rs.500 a month. So now, effectively at just 100 rupees extra, this is what you will get: - Internet access for 8 hours in the night. - Unlimited downloads (YES ITS TRUE) - and airtel is decent enough to not block anything, and they have reliable uptime too - speed is 160 kbps.Sufficient info?

What do u mean ? A nioght unlimted plan for those who just a have landline and no DSL connection? Dont think it would be such and as said earlier this might be a top up plan

My cable wallah has improved the services after Airtel entered our area but he is still very much akdoo

kick his a** ..that will remove all his akad

Ok I have migrated to airtel now and has agreed for (Economic combo +night top up plan).The deal works out for Rs 700 + taxes PMThat includes Rs 550 for economic combo plan ,Rs 49 for Night top up,Rs 100 for modem rent.That gives me 9 pm to 8 am BB at 256kbps ,10 hrs of day BB for emergency stuff,and 100 free phone calls.Well people dont waste your phone calls ,by making calls to there customer care as 90% of there customer care personnels dont know anything about this new plan,and the rest have Ltd knowledge .They say its closing time for them and they wud study the new plans only next month.I still feel that some stupid cc officer might have given me insufficient or wrong information ,and I might end up getting inflated bill at the end of the month.

U paid Rs 550 for 10 hrs of day bband ... is this per day or per month?

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jul 29 2005, 05:54 PM
What do u mean ? A night unlimted plan for those who just a have landline and no DSL connection? Dont think it would be such  and as said earlier this might be a top up plan[snapback]18857[/snapback]
[/quote]Obviously its a top-up plan, as I clearly mentioned.
And this is a DSL connection - you shud already have an airtel landline to avail it. Then your landline is converted into DSL.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jul 30 2005, 10:37 AM
U paid Rs 550 for 10 hrs of day bband ... is this per day or per month?[snapback]19031[/snapback]
[/quote]10 hours total, in a month - for day time.
And night-time is free unlimited, every day, the whole month.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jul 30 2005, 05:07 AM
U paid Rs 550 for 10 hrs of day bband ... is this per day or per month?
[snapback]19031[/snapback]
[/quote]

No company can give night unlimited at 256kbps for just Rs 50 ,airtel new that their hourly based plans are sucking so they added night unlimited to make them usefull.

Yes I ment 10hrs of day BB PM.

Well for the time being airtel has not started night unlimited top up as yet ,at least in UP west and they are going to either migrate me to night unlimited top up on 15th aug,or Ist sept. as soon as they start it. As of now I have accepted 256 kbps 1GB data D/l PM,all my D/Ls shall wait till next month.

My two days of experiance with airtel had been pretty good, atleast there had been no downtimes,but speed is no where close to promised .I am getting on the avg.160 kbps but even that is not stable.sify and hotwire were giving atleast 230 kbps but yes they cud provide BB only for 15 to 20 days PM thanks to their crapy CTO's ,that too after making numerous phone calls too CTO.So inspite of low speeds I am happy with airtel as it does provide BB 24hrs daily.

Someone opts ,say for the 10 hours package, then he can opt for the nightly U/L plan for 49/month.. So the total price would be (plan charges+49)/month..btw.. is this plan only available in Karnataka?

Originally posted by sachin214@Jul 30 2005, 12:46 AM
Well people  dont waste your phone calls ,by making calls to there customer care as 90% of there customer care personnels dont know anything about this new plan,and the rest have Ltd knowledge .They say its closing time for them and they wud study the new plans only next month.

[snapback]18970[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't have to...just dial 1252 or 1255

Free call (to airtel that is), talk as long as you want 🙂