• Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 9,158

warpspeed

To Infinity and Beyond!
ISP
Hathway FTTH
ACT Fibernet + Airtel Backup
2604442930.png

I’m on 1099 V Fiber plan and they bumped my speeds to 75 Mbps few days ago. Anyone else got the speed upgrade?

They also offered me a truly unlimited 75 Mbps for 2599 plus GST but I already have Cherrinet as my primary so I declined it.

They upgraded my speed to 50 Mbps, not much of a difference. Could you post Screenshot of your DSL stats.
7248435527.png

Last edited:
2604442930.png

I’m on 1099 V Fiber plan and they bumped my speeds to 75 Mbps few days ago. Anyone else got the speed upgrade?

They also offered me a truly unlimited 75 Mbps for 2599 plus GST but I already have Cherrinet as my primary so I declined it.

What's your loop length in the modem ?

Has anyone tried disconnection trick lately, I have placed one now waiting for retention team to call.

i did not apply for disconnection but placed for plan change request through email and twitter few weeks ago. never got a callback.

I will wait till tomorrow, if they don't call back I would go ahead and cancel the request. Need to find a working way around these sh*t heads.

^ Try their emailing their nodal officer if there is no response from regular CC.

My D-Link modem died and I got it replaced with Huawei. It is now able to hold the sync at 87000 Kbps and I've been getting >80 Mbps at all times.

7265781493.png

Also competition is kicking Airtel's balls so hard, they are going to deploy overhead fibre cables to individual homes as well. The tech who replaced my modem told me the they already have it ready in some areas and will cover 90% of Chennai in about six months 🙂

Yep. Digging up decades old copper and replacing them with fiber is simply unrealistic when Jio threat is looming. Airtel seems to have fibre underground till local exchanges or even street DP boxes, they are going for overhead cabling from there to individual homes.

Yes. I didn't believe him until he showed the pics of poles with overhead fibre cables around my neighborhood. Anyway I will hold on to almost dedicated DSL as long as possible than moving on to shared PON. 75 Mbps is more than enough for a backup line 🙂

Which area in Chennai ? I don't see such activity from Airtel in my area and my location senior sales manager was hell bent on assuring that there won't be any upgradation of existing infrastructure or launching of FTTH for next 5 years at my location, but this is Airtel anything can happen overnight.

Last edited:
I bonded Cherrinet and Airtel NICs coz why not. I might finish my 1000 GB bonus data much sooner than expected 😀
HZiwabG.png

@maniac123 Anna Nagar, Kilpauk and surrounding areas mate. Only Airtel and BSNL used to provide ADSL internet access until couple of years ago. Now we have ACT, Cherrinet, Hathway, You Broadband and TIC Fiber offering >100 Mbps unlimited internet at 999 odd. Customers are churning faster than Airtel had expected so they are forced to go for fibre and that too before Jio starts offering broadband/iptv services. Good times ahead for us 😊