• Thread starter Thread starter StillWaters
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,870

StillWaters

ISP
Airtel 1Mbps@1699
Hi Folks,

I have an airtel 2Mbps connection in Noida. For the past 2-3 days, I am getting lot of connection drops. The DSL and Internet LEDs go off on my router and then reconnect. This is happening every 5 minutes.

I had similar problem last month and that time an Airtel Engineer came and replaced the RJ-11 cable going from Splitter to the Modem. He said the old cable had carbon deposits on the contacts, so it was causing frequent disconnections. But the reonnection issues had stopped even before the engineer came that time.

Now that the isse has come back again, I think its a problem with the backend and not anything to do with my wiring or Modem.

Here is a view of my connection status. I think the SNR numbers are a bit off. Can anyone knowledgable tell me if anything is wrong with this status?

Thanks,
StillWaters

My DSL link is not getting static since yesterday - 8mbps / Noida..I have looged a case ...lets c what the engg has to say.

Hi,
Even I faced the same problem for last two weeks.
Airtel Service guy visited me twice but blamed the error on the in-house wiring.
But at the same time I was getting sms message from Airtel regarding "Maintenance activity" on Saturdays(since last three weekends!!)
It seems they have resolved the problem as now I am getting a stable connection with the same "in-house" wiring.
Hope it is resolved for you also.

I had registered a complaint and next day I got a call from Airtel Tech team. He asked me if I was still experiencing the problem. I checked and the connection seemed fine, SNR had gone up to 19+ upstream and 36+ downstream.
I asked him what was the problem. He said "Sirjee humne kuch card daale hain" (Sir, we have put in some crads) lol.
Cheers,
StillWaters