Airtel Network in Mumbai - DOWN

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 534
  • Views Views 57,579
not everyone who finds his mobile phone not working joins a random forum on the web talking about it 😛

Out of 513 guest most of them will be boats from different search engines! Peoples are searching for news related to it. :iconrofl:

This is the second time I have heard of fire in Airtel's data center. The last time it happened, a few years ago (I was in Pune), I noticed disruption in service for over a month. What is in store this time?Also, why is fire so fond of Airtel and not other telcos?I wonder how they can get away so easily without a disaster recovery setup! Guess what will happen if a bank's data center goes up in flames every 2-3 years.

^^^^last time the fire happened in 2008, customers had to face discrepancy in billing for months. i hope this time that problem is not there, otherwise huge headache following up for 2 numbers.update: calls from vodafone to airtel are going. anything from airtel is still down.

^^^^

last time the fire happened in 2008, customers had to face discrepancy in billing for months. i hope this time that problem is not there, otherwise huge headache following up for 2 numbers.

update: calls from vodafone to airtel are going. anything from airtel is still down.

Yeah! It was at Peninsula Tower, Lower Parel. That's the time from where the network woes started of Airtel. I was an Airtel user at that time and I suffered a lot. I had to dump that number finally (sadly no MNP at that time) and take Vodafone.

Airtel use to have good coverage but after fire in 2008 it become bad and then never recovered from that stage ..don't know what we are expecting now ...

I guess I can share the internal email from them now as this issue is fully public.

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you regarding unplanned outage which happened in our
network due to a major fire incident in a building (BTSOL - 4th Dimension
Mind Space, 4th floor Link Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra) in which Bharti POP is
located .The building has been evacuated and presently nobody is
being permitted to go inside the building. Because of the fire incident,
power has been completely switched off for the entire building.Due to
this, you may experience service disruption for sometime.

We deeply value your relationship with Bharti Airtel and are committed to
restore the connectivity as soon as possible ,once we are provided with
access into the building.

We are currently not in a position to share the ETR and deeply regret the
inconvenience caused.

Please find enclosed for your reference the details of this outage :

Problem Description
Malad DXC Isolated (Mumbai - Maharashtra - West)
Impact
Service Impacting
Down since
12/27/2011 02:04 Hrs

Airtel use to have good coverage but after fire in 2008 it become bad and then never recovered from that stage ..

don't know what we are expecting now ...

Bro there is a saying in our village..Its bad sign(manhoosiyat) for wealth/health if fire broke out at your place..

But sad part is, in Airtel wealth case ..it applies on innocent customers :haha:

But sad part is, in Airtel wealth case ..it applies on innocent customers :haha:
I'm sure you have added Airtel to the list of the people who piss you off, if not added already :-0

Record likes 54 in just 4 Page! That shows how much people love airtel! 😛

I am confused. AFAIK in Mindspace, they have call centre and broadband setup. Switch is still located in Peninsular, lower parel. So how came network is disrupted ??

I am confused. AFAIK in Mindspace, they have call centre and broadband setup. Switch is still located in Peninsular, lower parel. So how came network is disrupted ??

They say that their POP is located at Mindspace (ref: their official communication).