Airtel MyPlan Postpaid

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 40,361
Have already mentioned in previous posts.

1) Can not see usage i.e. used minutes and remaining minutes in your PLAN.
2) No popup message after end of every call saying this call was X minutes or X seconds.
3) No usage information of internet like in prepaid (the popup message you get after internet session ends)
4) No way to check last 5 call details / last 5 internet statistics
5) Remaining MB is not shown in real time. Most of times its 2 days old. i.e. if you send DATAUSE to 121 today (5 August), the reply you get is your internet use was 12MB till 19:00 on 3rd August.

Added later:
6) Prepaid users can activate roaming at 5Rs/day. But postpaid users must take 75Rs or 99Rs plan!!
7) 3G pack is not considered in roaming. You have to pay extra.

May be more I dont remember.

Last edited:
1. Well, once your unbilled starts to rise from 0, you get to know 😀

2&3 are highly annoying as it is 😛

4. Last 5 call details? Doesn't the phone already provide that.

5. Not sure about airtel, but rcom seems to be updating this in real time.

Moreover once you get the bill, one can always spend time scrutinizing that.

But then, as admin stated, postpaid will prolly work out costlier if one isn't a heavy user.

Well but without 1, I can not decide whether to do a CHITCHAT / TIMEPASS call or not!

Without 1 I am always at loss by paying more than I should.

If I dont use all FREE minutes, I will be paying excess amount for less calls.

If I overuse FREE minutes, I will be paying more amount for calls which were not necessary!

2 and 3 depends on your choice. I consider that as a feature.

4 - phone gives it but I dont trust airtel. Plus if they can do it for prepaid why not for postpaid?

Scrutiny?!! Who has time to bang heads with airtel relationship guys/girls.

I already went there once and hard time. She was talking while chewing a chewing gum.

Such a bad manners and when I was talking she kept looking at computer screen as if she is avoiding me.

After I finished she simply said - she can not do anything / she can not check anything online. I will have to wait till bill is generated!

GREAT!!

A year back I got my prepaid converted to postpaid with the following plan:
Plan name: Airtel Special Value 199 CUG Plan
Monthly Tariff: 199.0
Local Call tariff to:
To Airtel 0.2/Min
To Other 0.3/Min
To Landline 0.5/Min
STD To Airtel 0.5/Min
STD To Other 0.5/Min
STD To Landline 0.5/Min
It gives me 600 minutes of free call to all local or std mobiles as well as 300 local or std SMS.
For data I use Rs 150 pack which gives 500MB 3g + 500MB 2g in a month.
Also I am using Rs50 ISD umbrella pack which will give me discounted rates for 30 countries.
Now they have sent me a notice that my rent would be increased to Rs 225.
I think my plan is reasonable except for the data which should be cheaper.
Postpaid connection gives peace of mind as it brings stability of rates whereas in prepaid, Airtel used to keep changing either the rates or the duration of the packs. This meant that I had to keep learning all the new little packs(schemes) of Airtel. Also I had to keep track of validity of packs for discounted call rates as well as data and sms recharges besides the top ups.
Now i have to only pay a bill once a month.
Mind you, I have caught Airtel cheating twice in the past six months. I have never crossed my free data limit of 1GB but on these two occasions Airtel had charged me for data. I showed them their mistake and both times they reduced the bill amount. So I have to remain alert with Airtel but still I am happier than the prepaid days.

They already tried to cheat me.

On very 2nd or 3rd day, my data jumped from 7MB or so to directly 66MB! While whole day I had used WiFi only.

So I sent them e-mail and they un-did that.

But point remains I have to remain alert.

Ok more horror that I found today!!

For roaming they simply LOOT the POSTPAID customer.

airtel Postpaid Roaming Plans in India | National Roaming Rates

PREPAID users have 5 Rs /day roaming plan

But POSTPAID user's minimum plan is 75Rs OR 99Rs. Completely forced on to you.

What more for 3G internet PREPAID user your 3G plan is valid even when roaming.

But POSTPAID user's 3G plan is NOT valid in roaming and instead charged extra for internet use!!

Please Note:
3G pack benefit will not be applicable in 3G Intra Circle Roaming circles of UP East, Maharashtra, Kerala, Kolkata, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh and Gujarat. 3G data usage will be charged at 0.5p/10KB for all customers.

Last edited:
What does ICRA mean? Where airtel does not have own network?

And that list looks like almost covers most of India!

That list in my post above contains Maharashtra, does it mean that if I go out of Mumbai but within Maharashtra for 1 day picnic, I will be charged for 3G roaming?

There is so much ambiguity. I have shot them so many emails last 20-25 days. I dont feel like composing another e-mail to query all these things.

Intra in this case, as airtel provides network via proxy.

Didn't know that they charge roaming customers in these circles

@amish

Yes. You would be charged extra for using data in the MH circle, as per the terms you've posted.

What if I chose 2G instead of 3G in intra-circle areas? Will my 3G plan be considered in that case?!