• Thread starter Thread starter shravank30
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 25,874

shravank30

ISP
Sify
Hi
I am taking the Airtel 5 month Broadband plan with 6th month free and Free modem+Wifi router
I hope that the router that they are providing is of good quality ?
How is the wifi range ?
Are there several models available with the vendors or everyone gets the same ?
Also is there any restriction on the number of devices that can access my wifi connection from Airtel side ?
Thanks for advising

Payment for 5 months at once? There are better ways to burn money 😀

You are paying for 5+1 months , you will get better answers from them, then you can share with us. :rain:

Hi
I was also apprehensive on paying them 5 months advance, but then I realized that I have no options but to stick with Airtel even if the service is bad as I have no credible alternative.
I am hoping that as ACT is already a couple of kms away from my place, I should be able to get their connection before my next renewal.
I stuck with Sify for 12 long years but now out of the blue they have decided to withdraw all home connection services in Bangalore.
As such I have to take my chance with Airtel.
! more clarification.
I already have a D-Link DI 524 router which I am using with my Sify connection without any problem
In case the Airtel Wifi is bad, can I take the output from that modem and plug into my D-Link modem to get better reception.
Thanks for advising

Yes. You can use both simultaneously without any issue. Have you already paid airtel? If not, I'd still say do not opt for long tern payment plans. If you have, in that case, best of luck! 😀

Hi
The connection was finally done yesterday.
There was a couple of days delay as I had earlier opted for the regular connection and then moved over to the 5 month advance payment scheme.
The technician who had come had already installed 50 connections in the building, so he was fully aware of the wiring connections and so did the job in 30 minutes.
He was very helpful and all my intercom, parallel lines, cordless phones were connected as per my requirement without any fuss.
The speed is a genuine 8 mbps. I could download a 150MB file in about 2.5 minutes
The wifi router given free works well within my apartment but it does not work outside. The range is limited
I just hope now that the service remains as good and hassle free as the initial connection was