• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 75,718

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I just signed up for it at a special rate of Rs. 199. :yahoo: They mentioned that this is a limited promo scheme. I just hope they keep the rates the same for some time! Anyway I plan to take just a 1 month trial and check out how good it is

What is mobile office? Is it a GPRS package with Unlimited / Reasonably limited data transfer?

Yes - GPRS unlimited transfer. The wap package is Rs. 49 + 50p per 10kpbs.Does it sound too good to be true or something? I'm still hunting for the catch in it.

Hehe i used a trick to access airtel gprs for around 8 months but it stopped working a few weeks ago however i found another workaround but im not confirmed whether im being charged or not as im on postpaid

If it is unlimited then it does seem to be too good to be true.As per my limited knowledge, Airtel charges ~200 per month for Limited data transfer and ~900 for Unlimited.Make sure you will not have to pay for Data charges on top of 199

for Hutch Access, Rs. 199/- is the rental...so may be that's what it is...don't know for sure though...😕

Thanks NetFreak, will check. I smelt a rat when the Customer service officer kept swearing its unlimited download. Maybe I should have taken it from her in writing! Strangely there is no mention of 'unlimited GPRS at 199' on airtel website through I have searched it fully. Makes me even more suspicious.

hey i have a Airtel corporate plan and they offer us same plan for 99 only, with unlimted surfing and download. I sometime use it to access net from my PC using bluetooth, so seems good

Guys I just called the Airtel helpline again. And they confirmed - its a promotional offer - at Rs.199, completely free and unlimited download! The regular charge is Rs. 399 for the same and 100 MB download limitThe catch is that they say it will take 48 hours to get activatedviplav, 99 bucks is really cool! Unfortunately we have a corporate tie up only with Hutch and I think their service is truly over-priced. When I switched to Airtel, my mobile bill dropped by half.

Thats a cool offer, so you CAN get unlimited download plans for $2 and $4 in India 🙂

Update : Mobile office is now activated on my handset. Speeds are slow (about 3-4 kbps), but at least it works smoothly and does not freeze up on my (very basic) handset. Would urge other Airtel users to take advantage of this offer while it lasts!

if you are a postpaid customer then you will be charged the same. in west bengal firstly airtel charged rs.99/month for unlimited usage. then increased 249 & then 999. but who continues from 99 or 249 he is charged the same till now. like i am still charged 249 though current charge is increased.