• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 108,759

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
What are the charges for Airtel roaming for incoming/outgoing calls and SMS? ThanksCrazysah

hey buddy where are u heading too, u r posting everywhere today? we and tata ppl will miss u!btw u can look up hutch and airtel websites.

Hey, if you are going to US / UK or anywhere in EU, don't bother with roaming.Just buy a prepaid SIM there. Its usually called 'Pay as you go'. In US SIM costs, T-Mobile $5 and comes with $25 talktime. If you buy from a brick and mortar store it will cost $40. In Ebay.com you can get it for $12 (with shipping to India)In UK T-Mobile SIM costs 5 pounds and has 5 pounds talktime.Only thing is in US, incoming is not free 🙁

On Airtel Prepaid....only incomin calls facility is there @ Rs 50 per mimuteIncoming SMS freeoutgoing SMS Rs 25 per SMS

heh if he is asking for roaming charges he would not be moving out of india permanently. 😉and he can surely visit the forum from whereever he is 😉

Hi Crazysah, it varies from country to country (and in some cases depending on which provider you hook onto there). It's best to call 121 and check specifically. International SMS is Rs.15 approx while roaming (add service tax!) but incoming SMS is free...For some reason, while roaming, I found it impossible to contact CDMA phones in India, either through voice or SMS. But people using a CDMA phone were able to reach me...

I just buy a local SIM and forward India number to new SIM. That ways roaming costs 7 - 8 Rs. per minute.

I just buy a local SIM and forward India number to new SIM. That ways roaming costs 7 - 8 Rs. per minute.

sorry didn't understand. Could you explain? Am really keen to do it next time I travel 🙂

If you are headed to US or UK, then you can buy SIM cards from Ebay. In Heathrow, Gatewick and JFK you can buy it on Airport itself but like most things they will charge anything.With that SIM you get local US/UK number. You now have two options:1. Enable Voice mail on local number that says call me on +44 or +1 number for next xx weeks.OR2. Before leaving India, enable call forwarding to ISD numbers on your landline/cell. And forward calls to US number.

Wow! That's a cool idea. Thanks, will check that out next time I go abroad. Unfortunately does not look like anytime soon🙁

Probably its the worst weather to be in Mumbai and the best weather to ne in NY or LN

Rains look horrible in Mumbai [Unless you are on seafront]Maybe its 26th July Psyche

Yeah, this year people seem much more scared of rains don't they?I'm stuck in office as colleagues who've left tell me all roads out of Town are jampacked. Crazy traffic all day today:wall: