VoLTE on Airtel India

If your device is in the list of VoLTE supported devices on Airtel's website and if you have enabled 'Enhanced LTE mode' and if you see a logo near your signal strength denoting it (unless you have an iPhone), only then it means VoLTE is working on your device.

I am using iPhone SE and it is listed on airtel's website. I was told I would receive message from airtel, if VoLTE service is launched but I haven't received any and customer care wasn't positive, so the confusion.

Airtel recently introduced a VoLTE Beta programme for select states in India, inviting users to test out the technology and, in return, avail data benefits. Under the offer, users will be entitled to a total of 30GB free data that is divided across three legs - 10GB on downloading and enabling the VoLTE switch, 10GB on providing feedback after the 4th week, and the final 10GB on providing feedback after the 8th week. Airtel notes that beta users might experience network fluctuations and will be required to share feedback regularly.

Source: Airtel Offers 30GB Free Data to VoLTE Beta Programme Subscribers

Link to check eligibility: India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in

Is Airtel VoLTE working for anyone in Roaming? For me it was working only when I am in my home circle.

May be it depends on area.. not all regions have VoLTE enabled 4G.

3. Airtel VoLTE Services are currently available only in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh,
Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Karnataka, Chennai and Kolkata.
4. Airtel VoLTE Beta services are currently available only in West Bengal, Orissa, Kerala, Assam, Bihar,
Rajasthan and Delhi.

Source

I wonder if airtel identify compatibility with mobile number. Mine is still not supported but then I'm in Gurgaon.