• Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 30,694

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Airtel contacted me through the forum asking me to provide them details about me (Hah) as they wanted to help out people complaining on this forum. The email id offered to me was airtelpresence@airtel.in. I suggest mailing to this email id in case your problems remain unresolved.

Very Nice Thanks Admin! Good initiative by Airtel.

ah well. i was pretty much bugged by this person. the language of the email sounded like i was not enabling airtel people to contact the members on this forum and he wanted to get my contact details as if he was going to serve me a lawsuit.

i mean you have my email id. why do you want me to contact me on my address or phone number! this email id was also posted on a recent blog post complaining about airtel... Airtel IPTV has just turned into a disaster

This is to bring in your notice the blatant violation of Licensing condition of Department of telecommunication regarding making available all services and enquires to the Service Provider as Toll Free.

Now we have been given to understand that each and every call if attended by their call centre is charges as 50 paise per minute.

This is nothing but extortion. We request you to please enforce the terms of license.

Kindly note that for approving of charges for listing malicious calls may also be termed as illegal and immoral.

For any malicious calls, there is explicit provisions in Indian telegraph Act, in the manner it should be dealt.

Kindly do the needful

Airtel contacted me through the forum asking me to provide them details about me (Hah) as they wanted to help out people complaining on this forum. The email id offered to me was airtelpresence@airtel.in. I suggest mailing to this email id in case your problems remain unresolved.

I had applied to be placed in the Do Not Disturb Registry and received an SMS acknowledgement to that effect on December 2, 2009. There was very substantial relief immediately thereafter even though the SMS claimed to require 45 days to be put into effect.

Now, from April, I'm being bombarded again! Presumably, this is an attempt to get me to phone Customer Care asking why I'm getting nuisance SMSes so they can charge me for those calls.

They also have this habit of autosubscribing customers to services they haven't asked for and then charging them since they didn't unsubscribe.

I've saved all these SMSes for future "use".

I have one genuine fear: once they get my e-mail address, will they not start harassing on that as well?

I just tried to complain on their site which has a provision to lodge complaints for getting calls after registering for DND. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug and I cannot enter the date to their satisfaction. SH*T. This is so frustrating.

It worked with Internet Explorer 6 but not with Firefox 3.6.3. What a great country 😀

I think Airtel is the first one to charge us for calling CC 😡 We call CC only if we have problems with their service and even for that they are charging. Those friends chat which get automatically subscribed and also even warning us that it will be renewed in 3 days if we don't unsubscribe!I thought TRAI will intervene when I first herd this charging for CC. But till now no action has been taken 😡

I had applied to be placed in the Do Not Disturb Registry and received an SMS acknowledgement to that effect on December 2, 2009. There was very substantial relief immediately thereafter even though the SMS claimed to require 45 days to be put into effect.

Now, from April, I'm being bombarded again! Presumably, this is an attempt to get me to phone Customer Care asking why I'm getting nuisance SMSes so they can charge me for those calls.

They also have this habit of autosubscribing customers to services they haven't asked for and then charging them since they didn't unsubscribe.

I've saved all these SMSes for future "use".

you are absolutely right about all this.

all indian mobile operators are alike. they are all born out of f.i.l.t.h.

Please call back Airtel absence again.so atleast we can have some entertainment when we get bored during IPL matches.

Now, from April, I'm being bombarded again! Presumably, this is an attempt to get me to phone Customer Care asking why I'm getting nuisance SMSes so they can charge me for those calls.They also have this habit of autosubscribing customers to services they haven't asked for and then charging them since they didn't unsubscribe.I've saved all these SMSes for future "use".

"currently our applications are slow.. can you call us back after sometime :Wait: " This is the common phrase i hear when ever i try to call Airtel CC.. crap!

lol.. During my brief experience in a call center (international customers), I actually remember a couple of the customers starting off with - "How are your systems ? Are they working fine now. I dont want to waste my 1/2 hour & then you tell me to call back again as systems are not working" . Maybe you can save some time by asking that first...