• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,563

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Bharti Airtel Joint MD and CEO (India operations) Gopal Vittal has joined the league of extraordinarily stupid fucks.
Instant messaging application firms like WhatsApp, Line and Skype should be brought under some regulations and jurisdictions, just like telecom firms are regulated, a top official of the Bharti Airtel said Thursday.“Telecom companies are subject to regulation and jurisdictions. Many of these companies (Instant messaging application firms) operate outside regulations and jurisdiction.“I think we need a framework by which these companies are subjected to similar jurisdiction ... because that will benefit everybody concerned,” Bharti Airtel Joint MD and CEO (India operations) Gopal Vittal said.A debate should start on putting that framework in place, he added.
Instant messaging Apps firms should be regulated: Airtel CEO - The Hindu

They should scrap their reliance on revenue from SMS and Calls and make data cheaper, so people use it more.

Yea..when whatsapp was taking over SMS, instead of making sms cheaper, they've increased sms plans costs and scrapped out Unlimited sms plans instead of doing the other way round. Glad to see their arses kicked in africa and hope they wake up.

I have never felt better not being on Airtel Broadband. If Vodafone India did not suck as much as they do, I would have switched from Airtel mobile as well.

Not the first time, an Airtel management guy has spurted out bullshit in the name of fair competition.

why not regulate hike first which is running from indian shares promoted by bharti softbank.

Whatsapp has screwed the sms system of India. If they started voice services, Telcos will further be screwed.