Airtel launches new unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter srini-ca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 20,564
Originally posted by magnet@Oct 3 2005, 03:29 PM
yup 70mbps via wireless......also airtel has started shifting 256kbps 999buks ppl  to 512 kbps...fearing that......i m waiting for next month so that mtnl comes up with a plan in mumbai and hathway either reduce the charge or even further upgrade me........[snapback]27169[/snapback]
[/quote]WHAT ????
wow, anyone to confirm or deny the above news?

512 kbps unlimited, for Rs.999 only? Am i in India, am I dreaming?

u already have reached 256kbps in that price region... so it might not be far off!

Yeah I heard it. Airtel does plan to to introduce 512 kbps, and probably next year roll out with a 1 mbps connection unlimited finally. Not nearly as fast as the developed world, but fast when you're in india. I just can't wait till airtel comes in my area.

OK time to renew my vows, first offer of 1 mbps unlimited for a reasonable price, I will give up my firstborn for that hehe 🙂

that means no phone if we don't want it.thats good.r they providing cable modem?how much thay charging for it?

They aren't providing a "cable modem" as it isn't cable internet they are giving. They do provide a DSL modem which you can purchase for a few thousand, or more smartly, rent it for Rs. 99 per month (which is included in the cost of Rs. 999 in the Home 999 plan). They offer you a choice of either a USB or an Ethernet modem, and it doesn't make a bit of a difference to the average user - as long as you have the necessary ports in your computer.... but if you have any advanced needs, then serach the other threads... most people seem to prefer the Ethernet modem.

okk guys never checked this pratha....has quoted my text.........so here i m to confirm this news to u ppl....on another forum.......1 guy gave this news to the group stating that his friend was on 256 kbps 999plan...and he got a call that he has been shifted to 512kbps plan unlimited no increase in cost......he is from noida delhialso the guys connection was 15 days old........but this news hav not b confirmed by any other ppl....so i guess they r slowly and silently doing this....and will break this news once bsnl announces its plan regarding wimax in november

Originally posted by magnet@Oct 7 2005, 07:09 PM
and will break this news once bsnl  announces its plan regarding wimax in november
[snapback]27680[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are you sure that BSNl will announce wimax in nov ?? I seriulsy doubt that..may be they are talking about nov 2006...lol
They have messed up the dataone , wifi is not functional every where why go for wimax then ? If they are really intersted in wimax there is no point in developing wifi ....waste of money....y go for older tech. when u can do a big investment on the newer technology like wimax

well i don work for them...but this r the news in corner..........since in my area mtnl goes i keep a tab of that..........but thing that i know..is that tata has invested ard 18000crores for broadband expansion major...and to cope with that bsnl is doing such stuffs...now i dont have details abt their technality right now....and wrt wimax...of course 70mbps bandwidth will b offer to office(they pay 2 for 2mbps-10mbps line) not to user...but that will definately affect our cable modem-or lan wire user....

Originally posted by firoz16@Oct 7 2005, 10:04 PM
where i can get information abt airtel BB.imean any site or number etc
[snapback]27699[/snapback]
[/quote]
They have launched just 3 months back in hyd and are not availbale in mehdipatanam till date. Available in abids and sorruonding areas......may be they shall expand soon

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Oct 7 2005, 09:15 PM
Are you sure that BSNl will announce wimax in nov ?? I seriulsy doubt that..may be they are talking about nov 2006...lol
They have messed up the dataone , wifi is not functional every where why go for wimax then ? If they are really intersted in wimax there is no point in developing wifi ....waste of money....y go for older tech. when u can do a big investment on the newer technology like wimax
[snapback]27694[/snapback]
[/quote]

BSNL is used to messing up stuff! And that cant stop them from moving to new technology, specially coz its Public sector!
The reason they are moving to WI Max is Basically coz Wi Fi cant reach everywhere! Thats the opnly reason wi max is here! Its huge radius and high speeds, and low operating costs is what makes it a move!
Wi Max wont be available at 70 MBPS yet! Thats far, and its only the capability of it! Like how ADSl is capable of 8MPBS or something like that! To start with I think its gonna be 1 and 2 MBPS plans!

P.S: Wi fi and wi max applications arevery different! Wi fi ghives coverage in places like airport and gives good enough sppeds, but Wi Max speedds depend on Signals which may weaken in places! Co-existance of both is necessary!