Airtel Landline Voice Only Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 11,707
same. but with additional shit. 99 for calls, 99 for static ip. but should get 50% off for next six months so around 550 bucks plus taxes.

Ok. Talked to Airtel.
After moving the connection to the new address, I need to call them back and I will get 899 plan with 50% rental discount for 6 months. I will loose both "5 GB Airtel Surprise data" and "15 GB Retention data".

But they will continue charging me 200/month for VDSL modem even after providing 2Mbps speed.

no option to downgrade back to adsl?

might be better to get a gsm capable landline type device and get one of the sim with unlimited calling. would have been nice if jio had launched such models... would have been great to have unlimited calling for just 150 rupees per month.

Get second hand adsl modem from ebay for Rs.500+ , sell that vdsl for Rs.2k+ (vdsl modem are very costly in market currently).

My friend is on 499 plan with unlimited calls + 60GB(+12GB ret + surprise). You need to be firm on disconnection to get plan like this.
Never got charged for that Rs.200 vdsl rental.

Thanks, @igloo
I already have an old ADSL modem lying around somewhere in the house. I can find it.

I was not sure that VDSL modem is my property, and I can sell it. Out of the box thinking !!!

You are paying Rs.200 X 5months for what? better ask airtel.

Ok, now Airtel agrees to remove Rs. 200/month charges for next 3 months.

After 11 days of moving the deadline further and having other delay tactics, Airtel has finally said the word that they will not be providing connection at new address. This innings with Airtel lasted less than 2 years.