Airtel Kolkata?

• Thread starter Thread starter zeda0
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,108

zeda0

ISP
Bsnl
are there any airtel kolkata users in here?well im just looking if any1 in kolkata uses airtel broadband inside kolkata cause they havent yet launched fully in here if any users please post here.

HI I AM AN AIRTEL KOLKATA USER YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN U SAY THEY HAVNT LAUNCHED FULLY HERE AS WHEN I CALLED THEM UP THEY SAID THEY HAVNT LAUNCHED 2 MBPS CONNECTION

Has anybody used Airtel's GPRS Internet service called 'Airtel Mobile office ' in SAlt Lake , Kolkata. I subscribed to this plan and I must say I was majorly disappointed with the service. I know speed is limited to 14.4 KBps but whats baffling is the diffrence in speeds for different plans. I started with there 399 plan which gives u 300MB of data transfer and beyond that they charge 5 paise per 10KB. I had zeroed in on this plan coz I thought because of low data speed this will be enough for cheking mails and stuff.
But After using it I got download speeds of 4-7 KBps. I used up 100 MB in first 2 days alone. So I shifted to 899 unlimited plan. It offers unlimited data transfer. But I was very disappointed with the speed I got in this plan. Its taking 5 minutes for to log on to Gmail. Half the sites give timeout errors. Please anybody thinking of using 'Airtel Mobile office ' 899 plan plz...do not even think about it...TATA or Reliance's 1500 unlimited plan is much better than this.