• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,955

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
as the Title says.
A very close friend who's wife is a govt. employee had this number with her for 6+ years.
Today morning she went to office, got low on Balance, called her hubby to recharge and he topped up for some local pack of rs.200+
Number was working fine till around 5 P.M. and all of a sudden, "SIM REGISTRATION FAILED"
Her husband a close friend of mine, tried whatever he could, then called me to troubleshoot
Later visited me to check her android phone if it was some phone setting doing this.
I was sure and asked him to call the 10 Digit Airtel Customer care from his other cellphone
and to our surprise the Airtel Customer Care Representative said, Number has been DE-Activated and Removed from Database
and there's no way on earth you could get it back.
[color=#ff0000;]What the HELL[/color]
Hello, Are you guys gone completely out of Control, Are you operating above TRAI Guidelines,
This is Insane, no warnings, no reminders, no information just KICKED out of network.
This even when Last time he submitted his ID + Photograph in March 2013, as she lost her phone along sim in it, and it was
blocked, and a duplicate SIM was issued after the required paper work.
and before that a year or two back, same guy submitted the ID proof on previous instance of Phone/SIM LOST.
And now the customer care says, some verification failed and we killed your number.
ID proof was Legitimate, Photo was real, Number was active for last 6+ Years and killed/flushed like pooo....
Her number was registered as only number in govt. records for her employment
This Airtel Number was registered in all her banking accounts
This Airtel number was working for last 6 years and each and every person she had to deal in her official work had this, from peon to a High Rank I.A.S. officer.
Friend is real angry and will be talking to a Lawyer monday morning, he also wants to register a F.I.R. against the person who is in-charge at their local office who would have processed the Docs which were submitted, and he's certainly talking to PRESS and showing the details, I am sure this is gonna cause a lot of heat in coming days.....
Can someone please tell what should be done if he's not choosing the right process
Personally, I am so scared of Airtel now.....
will keep you guys posted monday on-wards when this DRAMA starts

ghpk said:
Friend is real angry and will be talking to a Lawyer monday morning, he also wants to register a F.I.R. against the person who is in-charge at their local office who would have processed the Docs which were submitted, and he's certainly talking to PRESS and showing the details, I am sure this is gonna cause a lot of heat in coming days.....
Why not contact the appellate office and airtel corporate once before taking the lawyer route?

The number doesn't get deleted if verification fails. First they block outgoing and CLIP facilities, followed by temporary deactivation. Contact appellate. Prepaid?

Yes number should have been warned for any errors in Verification.
no phone call came to inform that, not even a SMS.
my own number had verification issue and was informed via SMS, outgoing was restricted and next day I gave documents again and it was restored in few hours.
No legitimate user would mind giving documents, and that's what should have happened in this case too, but sadly its very rude attitude from Airtel.
Lets see who from Airtel authority is available on Monday as one phone number provided by customer care for senior says only available on weekdays.

update
Friend contacted local office, and he was said, Number will not be activated in any case, point blank answer.
Great job Airtel.
Reason given, when you purchased the SIM 6+ years back, seems the dealer may have jumbled up the ID proofs, and it didn't tally with records you
have provided, it may not be your fault but we cannot do anything, we at office can tell what has been updated from backend main office, NO MORE TALKS.
That too when the same guy has given 2-3 times his OWN ID for duplicate SIM and which was duly verified and sim was provided in previous years.
how can they issue SIM if the ID was not matching ?????
if the dealer did messed up ID, they let him run the SIM for 6 LONG years and then shut it down without a warning......