Airtel Karnataka Launches 99000 series at Rs 750 per number

• Thread starter Thread starter mnreddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 21,454

mnreddy

ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband+
Hi,Yesterday Airtel Karnataka launched 99000 series numbers. they are selling all numbers in this series at Rs.750/-. they are advertising that all numbers in this series are vanity numbers and actually costs Rs.5000/- and on some kind of 'Summer Offer' they offering these numbers for Rs.750/- each.I purchased couple of them though I felt that Rs.750/- for all number in the series is not reasonable.if you are in Karnataka and is interested in fancy numbers, go get them before they vanish from stores. one person in the store was telling that 9900000099 is being bid at 2 lakhs currently. people must be crazy to spend that much money. isn't it(no offense please)?Thanks

well if they are charging a fee for these numbers, there must be a demand for them.

What is the use of that number. Is there any spl on 99000, that is free SMS, 20 Paise per call etc.... :S

heh. people like numbers who look good. especially companies and management people. like i would like to have 9900001981 as my number. 😛 but i won't really pay for it. especially coz it gets confusing for some people (like me) on how many zeros to put in 😀

There was a news some year back that a person in Amritsar had paid 10 Lakhs for a VF number..I wouldnt do that.. and that too when I change my number very frequently..

Me too dont wory about the number. Because for my cell phone, very little calls has been called per week say 5 to 7 calls per week. 😀My Cell phone is like DoorDharshan, very little sponsorship. :ashamed:

my problem is weird. i pay 350 rental on my phone. i ended up making calls worth 100 bucks last month. so i ended up paying 250 extra :wall:

most of the people will be storing your number & dialing directly from mobile.so these special nos. are not so that people can remember them, its more like show-off, its like i'm using a fancy/VIP no. 😗