Airtel joins MTNL. Insert their own code in your browsing sessions. On 3G for now.

^^ nah they cant do that with HTTPS data without getting caught in a sec. Only way they can do it with some success is if they install their root certificate on your machine.

An ISP is capable of carrying out pretty complex MITM attacks

^^ nah they cant do that with HTTPS data without getting caught in a sec. Only way they can do it with some success is if they install their root certificate on your machine.

Exactly. Any ISP can create MITM attack only if they get access to your machine and then they insert ROOT/CA certificate.

This is not easy unless - ISP engineer - comes to your place and when setting your PC he secretly inserts root certificate.

I'm on Airtel 4g and don't really care of they 'Snoop' or do whatever they want

But does this have any possibility of data theft... Mobile banking, password hacks of the websites I login into ?

If the answer is 'Yes', even if it's a remote possibility, then I definitely have a problem with that

32ee033b336137945f4d29629f8a15db.jpg

Overlay on top. Native or Airtel? Or difficult to say?

Not my phone. So, don't have any way to check per se.

No idea. Friend was complaining about ads on mobile websites. Airtel banner caught my eye.

All other ads are scrollable while the banner isn't and appears as an overlay over other ads.

fixed ads are quite common on mobile interfaces. so unless it appears on other sites, it is probably part of that webpage. if that can be called a web page. coz it looks more like an ad page.