Airtel is worst nowadays. MNP recharge fraud, want my moneyback

• Thread starter Thread starter hackki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,919
ISP
Airtel Xtreme Fiber/Railwire/BSNL/Airnet
I ported my Airtel number from one circle to another as I was getting SMSes in a language I cannot read. I went to the airtel authorized shop to do it. They did the process and asked to pay 299 which they said will get recharged once my new sim gets activated. My new sim got activated yesterday but recharge didn't come.

Now the shop is saying it is done from our end ask customer care. Customer care is saying we cannot check retail recharges so go ask the shop. This is soooooo frustrating. 🤬 I went to shop again but to no conclusion.

Finally I gave up and recharged again for 299 using Airtel app which happened successfully.

Now I want my moneyback(revenge) and get back my 299 from airtel somehow. I have their broadband as well. Any suggestions?

I suspect your local retailer might be lying.

He did the recharge. I took the picture of the same from his mobile device with Transaction reference number, my phone number, recharge value and transaction id. By the way, this is an authorised airtel center and not a local recharge shop.

Did you get a receipt which mentions the FRC of 299. Also, Airtel Thanks app will confirm whether there are two or one recharge under Transactions. If a recharge is done, it should be visible.

Yes I have the receipt but the airtel customer care simply says that they cannot verify recharges done by their retail outlets and doesn't even want to note the transaction id or ref number. In transactions it shows only one recharge which I did just minutes back. Airtel center says and showed that recharge has gone to the server from their end and they can't do anything.

Same thing has happened with my friend also, although his recharge got successfull I think, those guys without his acceptance activated Airtel's Payment Bank and asked Rs.50 for the same, and when he told he doesn't want that they were like you'll get benefits on every recharge blah blah...if I would have been in his place I would have dropped a complaint to nodal desk regarding this...looting people

I don't know if this practise is followed but earlier, the recharge would only be done after the card is activated. This would remove any possibility of server issues (recharge stuck in your case) to a minimum.
As mentioned by igloo, escalating this matter to nodal officer should help you. Don't know how much this will help but you can file a case in consumer court/pg portal stating that you were cheated by Airtel. It could take long time but no harm in trying.

Airtel customer support is really worst nowadays but because of network issue I am forced to switch to them.

Finally ported my number to airtel after 3 years complaining to jio.

Local shops are still best option for MNP. I paid 100rs for 299 recharge. Everything was done instantly with aadhaar though.

FIrst tried airtel site and app for MNP got no response. Once they called but because of poor network call dropped. On site it was Rs 299 on app 299+100 for delivery.
It seems those a**holes have banned me on twitter or something. I have sent them only 1 DM asking about losing my validity and then 1 more msg about not getting reply very politely no abusive language or anything like that. Anyway there network works here and I have no option.

Then tried 10digi then claim to delivery in 2hrs - charge was 265 for 1 month validity. No response from them after delivery timeline was missed I tried to cancel but their site won't work. Helping doesn't connect and no ivr direct option for cancellation. Also their email server is not sending any emails for activation, complain. Very poor reviews too.

Finally went to the local shop. Process should be completed in 72hrs as per sms.

Btw, you don't need to do 299 as your first recharge. You can choose any damn plan and just go for it from airtel thanks app or website. I have done that so many times.

Airtel apps ask for 267 or 299 + plans when I tried to do place port request with sim delivery. They also want 100for delivery. Really stupid system.

I am getting 299 plan for 100rs so it's a better deal for me. I don't think there is any monthly recharge option available for less than 100rs.