airtel is not letting me port my number to Uninor (mobile number portability)

• Thread starter Thread starter iChaitanya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 52,261
So, my mom's airtel to TATA DOCOMO porting failed as TATA DOCOMO is not interested in acquiring a new customer. They didn't even bother to send the MNP registration request. So, I decided to port my mom's airtel to Uninor. MNP request was registered on 23-Feb-2011 and I also got a conformation SMS from Uninor that "...your request has been sent to your current operator for further processing".

Today, some airtel rep. called me and started saying "Saar, we won't be able to accept your port-out request as there is lot of congestion in the network. Saar, when one customer leave network and go to other network, there is imbalance as ek network mein customers badh jate hain and doosre mein kum ho jate hain. Saar, only 8 out of 10 port-out requests are accepted." - After listening to this BS, I felt like saying bad words but somehow I controlled myself and shouted at him as to what BS he was talking about. After few mins. of shouting, he realized that I'm not a n00b and he can't talk BS to me. Thereafter, he kept on repeating that "Saar, send CPR as an sms to 51619" - He must have said this at least 5 times during the entire duration of our conversation (about 10 mins). As you people might know, CPR stands for "Cancel Porting Request" in this case.

He asked me "Saar, why are you leaving airtel?". I told him I can't hear a thing properly. He says "Saar, it'll be taken care of within a week". I told him it's been 2 years and airtel hasn't bothered to erect a cell site in our area. I also told him that I've already discussed this issue with customer care, nodal officer's dept. and the airtel presence team. airtel technical dept. conducted a survey of our area and reported back to airtel presence team. They, in turn reported back to me that the signal I'm currently getting is of best quality and it can't be improved any further. After listening to what I had to say, he still kept on insisting that they'll fix the issue in 7 days and I should send the CPR sms. I shouted at him not to reject the porting requesting else I'm not gonna keep quiet.

My mom's phone doesn't have a call recorder else I would have posted the audio recording here.

This is yet another example/experience which proves that airtel has gone to the dogs. 😡

P.S. 2000th post! 😀

Bro,you made right choice by choosing uninor,it has got some good offers for calls made to uninor..they have unlimited schemes to uninor n/w with some FUP though..

...and my mom's no. has also been successfully ported to Uninor.airtel ko ghar se kick out karne ka maza hi kuch aur hai. ab tak bahut monopoly thi airtel ki but ab mera number hai! 🙂

...and my mom's no. has also been successfully ported to Uninor.

airtel ko ghar se kick out karne ka maza hi kuch aur hai. ab tak bahut monopoly thi airtel ki but ab mera number hai! 🙂

Ab yeh MNP ka vardaan hai....:smile:

[hi friends, i`ve been using Airtel for last 4 years,
after hearing the launch of MNP, i feel like getting freedom.

UTV bloomberg channel has started an in teractive program like , FIGHTBACK
so friend just mail to FIGHTBACK@UTVMONEY.com

but airtel providing many problems not to change my network with bullshit reasons,
and throwing worst offers.
fightback freinds.
just HATE AIRTEL

I am going to port out from Su*ktel to Uninor. Just initialized the process by sending request to 1900 but I am scared after going through this thread and after reading experiences regarding this especially of iChaitanya's! Hope it all goes smooth. I am really really pissed off by airtel.

Guys haven't recieved my upc code yet besides that i have recieved a sms saying that porting code has been sent to your number plz tell me what to do

Guys haven't recieved my upc code yet besides that i have recieved a sms saying that porting code has been sent to your number plz tell me what to do

Call customer care and ask them to provide UPC. They should provide you on the phone itself if you aren't getting code via sms.

I've been trying to get UPC from airtel since more than a fortnight now...!!!Every time when i send a request, i get a call from airtel asking the reason and when i said that there is no proper network in my area and in my home they asked me the address and said that they are gonna install a mobile network tower on my house...!!!!What nonsense is this???

Haha. Just scare them that you'll have them reported for not giving UPC. Alternately, contact airtelpresence@in.airtel.com