• Thread starter Thread starter kyrl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,788
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kyrl

AIRTEL Launching IPTV soon........:yahoo:It may be lil costly though ..........🙁:wall🙁Told by a friend who spoke to a Airtel techy):thumbsup:

duh. they have been delaying the launch of iptv since years now. the last i heard it was scheduled for launch in december in delhi-gurgaon. no news yet. i am moving to a new place. i am not yet sure whether to move dish tv to that place or wait for airtel iptv. pretty frustrating.

Airtel IPTV wud be available on 8mbps connections, might be more expensive than MTNL and others...its better to wait till some one actually uses and then comes out and comments about service.😛

in some thread some1 said Jan 2009, so pretty soon!

and from what i have heard they were testing it in some parts of gurgaon at least 1-2 year ago.

IPTV is not yet a profitable market and Airtel may not burn its fingers in such emerging technology now. There are no specific groups to target, except the tech enthus.
DTH , when launched, had untapped markets like remote towns and villages, where cable TV is still a dream or is still running in analogue mode. But airtel network is only present in major cities and towns which have already been swiped by digital cable and DTH. So it will be a risky business for them, unless they find a suitable way to attract the masses. But lowering the cost will be the last thing they may want to do.

umm iptv makes perfect sense for airtel... why?they already have a pretty decent telephone network in major cities. they already have thousands if not millions of landline customers.most of these customers are in metro cities where cas is being or has already been implemented.for most of these people, it would make a lot of sense to get iptv along with landline and broadband through airtel as they already have a connection.airtel would just require to change the modem or add some other equipment to provide iptv along with broadband to the customer.this is provided their wired lines are of good enough quality...the point is if they offer iptv to their existing customers, they can generate a good customer base pretty fast... and the arpu would enhance comprehensively. i would be more than interested in getting iptv from them if they manage to give me most of the channels i get. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.