Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 127,364
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh thats great deal of information. I will try it out. By the way I am using Sharp AQUOS LC-32LE632E which was bought in Germany and is a European model. Below link provides all details about it:
LC-32LE632E - LC32LE632E - LCD TV - Sharp

If you can further suggest anything would be of great assistance.

~Amit
Whether the TV supports PAL or only NTSC? I guess black and white issue could be because TV supports only NTSC. If so, I don't think even component cable will work

Well, not sure.. it may work.. try it

Hi,My router got fried and i bought a new D-Link router from market> i was able to setup the pvc settings for Broadband but still not able to find the pvc (vpi /vci ) for iptv. could some one please post the settings. it would be really helpfull. ThanksDeepak

Hi,

My router got fried and i bought a new D-Link router from market> i was able to setup the pvc settings for Broadband but still not able to find the pvc (vpi /vci ) for iptv.

could some one please post the settings. it would be really helpfull.

Thanks
Deepak

Hi, I am no longer using IPTV but I still have the settings saved in my modem.

In addition to 1/32 for internet, I have 1/35 and 0/35. Both are bridge protocols. See the complete table below:

Vpi/Vci VLAN Mux Con. ID Category Service Interface Protocol Igmp QoS State
1/32 Off 1 UBR pppoe_32_1 ppp_0_1_32_1 PPPoE Disabled Disabled Enabled
1/35 Off 1 UBR br_1_35 nas_0_1_35 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled
0/35 Off 1 UBR br_0_35 nas_0_0_35 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled

Hello - I have been using Airtel IPTV for about 3.5 years now. It has its shortcomings, which have been discussed extensively on this forum. Having said all that, the Time Shift feature kind of makes up for all of that. I watch limited no. of channels, and they are all available on TimeShift, so it does not bother me much. Fortunately, my display and connection all seem to work well.
Now my question: I am planning to buy a 40" or 46" LED SMART TV. I am worried, if Airtel IPTV would work as well on large HD screen? Also would the current cables fit into new tech TVs? Currently I am using Samsung 26" LCD and it works like a charm.
All you techies' inputs are welcome..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.