• Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 63,404
Status
Not open for further replies.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Take it at face value, but an Airtel tech told me today that the Gurgaon IPTV tests are over, and they will open it up for everyone sometime in December. Anyone else heard any news on this?

Read more about:

Airtel IPTV

When u say they will open it up for everyone, do u mean everyone in Delhi, or whole India

lets hope i can get it here in gurgaon. i had like to kick my cable guy's ass.

i think so... that is one good reason why companies are promoting non-cable services.

Hmmm.... Seems stb now will be needed in every case.... DTH, CAS and now IPTV.... Its ok... but they need to provide stb at cheaper rate or monthly rental rate.... I want another connection to my pc for Tata Sky but the thought on spending 3500 rs again puts me off 🙁

yeap. but in the end its putting more restrictions on how we use the cable feed we get in our home. they have more powers to monitor our usage...

More like locking you into them for a loooong time. That's provided you dont buy the STB in which case you are renting. But if you want to quick to adopt new stuff, then you will pay a price.I love the way they used the word deposit here..a deposit is by default refundable, except in this case its more like a donation.They should use the word bribe instead, woudl be far more accurate.

i have some hopes from airtel. they let me rent the modem, phone... they might let me rent the STB too. 😀

It is coming to Delhi in 3 months. I read that BSNL are launching IPTV in Delhi in 3 months.

BSNL cannot launch IPTV in Delhi cos BSNL is present here 😉 MTNL is in delhi and it already has launched IPTV...

My bad. They are launchuing it in Chennai then in Pune then in Kolkata and Bangalore. I thought they were launching it in Delhi. Oh well.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 20 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]69224[/snapback]
yeap.

but in the end its putting more restrictions on how we use the cable feed we get in our home. they have more powers to monitor our usage...
[/b]
umm...with Mbps connectivity we can watch live feeds from any part of the world. Everything is moving to packet switched networks! 😀 And dont worry, the Linux / OSS community will always find ways to keep our homes PRIVATE 😀

they would not let us use generic STBs. that would kill all the freedom. trai has to do something about it. i do not want to get restricted to using the crap hardware my isp/tv provider gives me unless i want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.