Airtel IPTV launch in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 33,829
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you need their broadband connection for iptv. Refer this link for more information:
airtel ipTV

from what i see bangalore is the first place to get it after delhi ncr launch which was like two years ago.

so i assume they did not leave out chennai. they just decided to do bangalore first.

yeah i knew that but it would have been better if they hav covered southern india with bangalore and chennai as they did with NCR!!!

I called them today...they said they will get back to me in 3 days after seeing the technical feasibility ...1750 is the non refundable security deposit and the top up plan for existing broadband connections is 249 per month....lets see when they get back to me....

Today i recieved a call from Airtel asking me to subscribe to their IPTV services...in bangalore!I will better wait for some reviews before jumping in..

using it since feb 2009. hard to live without it now. time shift is just too addictive. but yeah, quality of service is questionable. in fact, an airtel insider practically admitted that the service is still in beta testing phase.

^ Beta phase is a nice way of saying - 'dont expect anything, i told you it might not work'

usually airtel has no answer for the problems we face. though, i would admit that i have not faced too many problems in the recent times.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

but the fact remains, the service has not improved in the last two years. menus and browsing through channels is still awfully slow.

Thats sadness. In DTH, they say they don have transponders to broadcast more HD channels. In IPTV they have capacity and still they don do it! Wierd.

well... the hardware being supplied is surely not hd capable right now. HDMI port is missing for example. and then... HD content would need a lot more bandwidth. Airtel struggles with SD broadcast on their wirings currently. and remember. the service might be two years old but it is still beta quality 😀 the user interface is awfully slow. there are lags at times. a lot of people simply get terrible quality of service on it. HD would require much better quality of wiring. would need a more powerful set top box. would need better infrastructure in their data centers. it would come eventually. but for now, this is what we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.