Airtel IPTV Installation Photos (Set Top Box Included)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 85,643
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tech2.in.com/india/news/entertainment-internet/reliance-inks-$500mn-iptv-deal-with-microsoft/21555/0Whenever it comes, its gonna be huge.

reliance has a habit of ruining everything. and who trust microsoft with consumer electronics? do you really want your STB to run Windows CE? or Windows Embedded? most STBs in the market are currently powered with Linux. And they have proven to be pretty sturdy. 🙂

Whenever they do launch it maybe they should consider naming the event something like - "Return of the Blue Screen Of Death":evil:

their xbox 360 gaming console has a similar problem.

zune has been safe in comparison (mine died because of the poor connector quality).

xbox 360 can be used as a set top box. and knowing the failure rate, i dont think MS provided hardware can do well in india for IPTV purposes.

----------

we need to shift talks about reliance iptv to the proper section Reliance IPTV

I dont think reliance ruins everything...it has in-fact changed the mobile scenario in India. The current call rates which are so cheap is result of competition given by Reliance...which believes in masses. Although it took some time to perfect the quality. Reliance mobile services have made a huge mark in US as well where people looking for ISD go for Reliance as the service provider.Reliance broadband is one of the best in India with gud after sale services...although it cant be compared with AirTel in terms of services.If the promises made by reliance in its website are true then I suppose there is no other IPTV provider which can come even close to reliance. Will be checking it out the details this weekend with reliance. I really need to make an informed choice this time instead of running after Brand Image already set in my mind.

have fun dealing with reliance. i think you have been extremely lucky with them till now.

i am from that group of people who stay away from ANYTHING reliance.

----------

as for iptv, airtel delivers what they promise right now.

Well i dont think microsoft will mess up the UI, as its comparatively much less complex than building an OS. The Reliance tag remains a concern, but i believe with time, they are improving. Atleast other DHT providers will wake up and offer better UIs for STBs. M sick and tired of Tata Sky UI. Its sluggish and SO DAMN irritating when u have to wait to change the channel from one that has the stupid red dot!!!

Microsoft Mediaroom

microsoft does have the power to deliver a smashing technology to reliance.

but reliance cannot deliver the quality of service and customer support.

airtel is perhaps the only company which can collaborate and deliver good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.