Airtel IPTV for existing airtel broadband users

• Thread starter Thread starter p4paji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 23,606
Status
Not open for further replies.
call 121 and ask if its launched in ur area. i doubt its launched in south india. i think its limited to few major cities in north india.

Hi There,I have used the IPTV for past 2 months and found that the though the service is good but still Airtel does not have the technical no how and are inable to provide proper service. There technical representatives do not have any knowledge of the equiment and you need to wait for any kind of resolution for more than 10 -15 days. At my end the wireless router which they had provided did not work properly and was resetting automatically without any reason. But the tech persons were not able to proivde any solution so I have opted back to my broadband plan of 649 Unlimited download with 256 kbps speed. I think Airtel currently is expert in the telecom and broadband service but not in these services - DTH or IPTV. They need more expert knowledge still.

airtel iptv guys are actually pretty competent compared to what i have heard about myway. i have faced issues. but they are mostly network related problems. and they are something no call center or tech support guy can fix for you.

May be you have good experience but at my end the person came restarted the modem as said see everything is working fine. Then after one hour the issue was there. Again he came changed the cables and said see it is working fine. After he left the problem was there. Then again he came updated the firmware and said surely now the issue will be resolved. But as usual the problem was still there. Since then it has been 6 days and daily he says he is coming to resolve the issue. If you say this is what support is then God save Airtel.

I think best is to go with your local cable operator. They are the best and you can get hold of them very easily. 🙂:thumbsup:

i have given 3 chances to my cable operator. paying installation fee in all the cases. and all the time he failed me within 15 days of paying the money. the service is crapshit. and the support is awful.

I got Airtel IPTV installed two days back. The service of Airtel installation guys was great as usual, the problem was in the backend. They promised installation in 2-3 days but it took a week after numerous follow ups, but I expected that. The other grudge it took me a while to upgrade from my 384 to the 512 connection, I really had to follow up. If I did not test the speeds, I am sure they would not have upgraded the speed, so existing broadband users should be careful.IPTV is great for time shift, but just that! It is smooth and does not hang, so they have sorted that out.I am keeping my Tata Sky connection, I find the navigation too inconvenient. There is no provision to arrange channels into favorites, which is a big disadvantage, one can be expected to remember channel numbers, or keep going to the menu to select channels one wants to watch.Let me know if we can arrange channels into favorites, and navigate just through your favorite channels. If there is going to be a provision for the same into future.Also I find colors of Tata Sky much better. But I am keeping IPTV, time shift is revolutionary.

I haven't tried it, but hv seen fav menu option somewhere, so explore it, and you will find. but for me, I use timeshift button as my list of fav channels, as for live channels, I have my local cable set top box, which gives me 175 channels with EPG through settop box for Rs 200 only. Its Digitally TV, and has option to change the language for Discovery/CN etc where the feeds are available. This feature is not available and I don't think is ever going to be in IPTV, as its a combined AV stream. So, if they decide to provide both hindi and english Discovery channel, they have to do what they have done with Disney channel, two separate english and hindi channels.

yeah. there is no option to have a list of favorite channels on airtel iptv. the dude who had installed the connection at my place said that the favorite button was programmed to link to movie on demand flicks that you have ordered. yeah. they are providing different languages as two different channels on iptv... not very elegant.

no one is forcing you to go for airtel iptv right?

they have an offer. if you do not want it, just do not go for it.

they have mentioned it clearly on their site that iptv charges are 4000. broadband and landline installation is extra. as simple as that.
that is not a clear answer of above said question. he is pointing valid reason that 1800 already now have to pay more 3999. and then get iptv . and it mean they chargeing 300/ per month for tv connection broadband and low speed and phone will chanrge extra @999. very wrong policies . without decreasing rate why peoples will go with Airtel IPTV . its not matter u existing or new customer

Hi,I am using airtel services from last 6 years, I would say 5 years service was excellent with no major issues, even though there were few glitches but airtel took no time to resolve it. My problem started from year 2010, I dont know if Airtel's IPTV services is causing this but intermittent disconnections, browsing issues started to occur from the day my IPTV was installed. I logged complaints many time but the problem didnt resolved. Even IPTV reception is pathetic, huge delay in surfing between channels, most of the time menu will not appear, only solution is to re-boot the set top box, when I called airtel helpline they said they are upgrading the system but not avail even after that. I still believe they would do something and resolve this issue soon. I would like to advice people those who wanted to switch from Tata Sky or other services to Airtel IPTV then think twice, I think it will take sometime to get things stabilized.We can only hope, I dont see any alternative to airtel in broadband.Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.