Airtel International SMS Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter eKamran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 8,943
ISP
Airtel
I have ported from Jio Postpaid to Airtel Postpaid on 30th June 2022.

Since that day, all my incoming International SMSes are not working on Airtel.
It's been 30 days already & Airtel support upto Appellate & Nodal, all are clueless & unable to fix the issue.

Domestic SMS works fine,
Its only the international SMS which are not delivering to me.

Services like Apple FaceTime, TrueCaller, Uber, Twitter etc, none of them are able to deliver the SMS.

I tried regular international SMS to friends & people I know, to Send & Receive International SMSes but that too doesn't deliver.

How can I fix this issue?

Welcome to bsnl. Just joking but this is how it feels to be in bsnl

One solution to try is to disable the DND from the Airtel thanks app. It is under services.

Last edited:
I was also in same situation as you in past when I ported from Jio to Airtel. But I started receiving international sms after 7 days.

Something isn't working & I'm not sure what.
Cannot rely on Airtel support as they keep closing tickets & keep opening new ones.

@Lolita_Magnum I'm in India only, so I believe, incoming SMS should work fine.

@Trex Lucky You, I had been asked to replace SIM, do this & that, nothing worked.

I remember I called thier customer support as I had setup 2FA on most of the website that I use and not receiving 2FA sms. They told that they put restrictions to prevent SIM swaping fraud and I will start receiving SMS after 7 days.

I'm happy to conclude that, this issue is now resolved by Airtel.

Have to suffer for 37 days, but in the end a smart technician made some frequency adjustments nearby & was 100% sure that this will fix the issue & it really did.

Been in touch with Basic Support, Nodal Team, Appellate Team, Airtel TRAI team, 121 Team & in the end, a single person who understood the problem fixed it for me.

Thank you everyone for your inputs.