Airtel Increases its GPRS charges w.e.f 5th jan 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 21,608
oh so 0.facebook.com was thru airtel free WAP?

I recently received 200mb data for 10 days for "free" from airtel...!!!!!!:dance::dance:

Dont know how they gave it to me..????😀😀

Anyone else received such new year gift..??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

if they charge 98 rupees for 2GB. what you got was hardly worth 10 bucks. you really like cheap gifts. 🙁

that's what i said. it takes very little to make you a happy boy. learn to demand more if you want things to get better with time.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ---------
Now airtel ranks second after Idea which charges 2p/kb...

Have a look of current default GPRS/EDGE (2G) tariff plans from different operators:

Airtel 30p/20kB = Rs. 15/MB
Reliance 5p/10kB = Rs. 5/MB
Idea 2p/kB = Rs. 20/MB
Aircel,Vodafone and others 10p/10kB = Rs. 10/MB
BSNL/ MTNL (2G/3G) 1p/10kB = Re 1/MB

If I am not mistaken Reliance charges 10p/10KB for GPRS/EDGE (I am using it)

Ok, As admin said earlier, Airtel has increased the pricing for Rs.98 pack now.

Today my modem SIM didn't got auto renewed, when i tried checking the Bandwidth Balance i got
Send:*123*10#
Receive:Invalid Account Selection

They dropped the earlier subscription which was auto debited from my balance every month, so i sent another request for activation and got this

Send:*567*1#
Receive:Activation Zone
1.GPRS @Rs.10(100MB/day)
2.GPRS @Rs.19(200MB/3day)
3.GPRS @Rs.35(500MB/6day)
4.GPRS @Rs.60(1GB/14day)
Enter your choice no:

So instead of 2GB @ Rs.98 you are now left with Rs.60/14 days plan, which means you need to recharge for 14 day back more than twice a month.

Screenshot for those who need evidence

i tried running *345#i got the message that i am already subscribed to 98 rupee plan. no options to get these new plans 😕

i tried running *345#

i got the message that i am already subscribed to 98 rupee plan. no options to get these new plans 😕

What is *345# for?

*567# is the thing i ran to subscribe to their gprs plan! i used the same to get connected to their 98 rupee 2 gb plan 😕

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

should i try running *567*1# instead?

offtopic @ghpk what is the version of the mobile partner software in your screenshot?

*567# is the thing i ran to subscribe to their gprs plan! i used the same to get connected to their 98 rupee 2 gb plan 😕

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

should i try running *567*1# instead?

just *567# and follow the steps.
direct codes may activate something else if you are not sure about it.

already told you *567# told me that i am subscribed to the 2GB 98 rupee plan. i suppose i remain subscribed to it for the next five months 😕