• Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 21,584

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
Airtel increases its GPRS internet browsing charges

from 30p/50 KB to 30p/20KB w.e.f 5th jan 2011

and browsing airtel Live WAP will be charged 30p/20KB which was free earlier w.e.f 28th dec 2010

Source : Public notice From Airtel @ The times of india , chennai issue [ 28th dec 2010]

this notice was an box news of size 10 cm to 3 cm
while airtel gives stupid ads for full page they cant issue public notice of same size

already airtel broadband is all messed up with the FUPs
now even the mobile internet is going down
so cant expect much from the upcoming 3G service

i will be more than happy to see airtel going down :clap:

---

Admin here... You guys force me to do the hard part:

https://imgur.com/KWYUf

Probably Airtel management wants to mess up their business in india, hence bringing in terrible plans.

Now i am sure Vodafone will also do the same.

Even I have seen this notice in TOI Mumbai edition today. I am surprised to see in a small advt, many people will not notice.

Probably Airtel management wants to mess up their business in india, hence bringing in terrible plans.

Now i am sure Vodafone will also do the same.

that will leave BSNL as monopoly , whether their service s**ks or not , they will not loot from us
and we can be happy that watever charges we are paying would make our government rich [ scams apart 😀]

Even I have seen this notice in TOI Mumbai edition today. I am surprised to see in a small advt, many people will not notice.

they can spend millions towards star caste ads , but not thousands towards public notice !!

well , wat to say , this is india !!

So all networks are going to charge high for GPRS too . hmm

they can spend millions towards star caste ads , but not thousands towards public notice !!

I read some where that airtel has allocated 300 Crores INR for brand promotion, getting new 3G cheepo ads from some UK company and blah blah.
And now can't they allocate some thousands or some lacs perhaps and spend towards this public notice? I would say they are cheating customers. If a customer goes to court- they just want to have an evidence that they have published in a news paper. Funny guys 🙂

^^^ even i wonder same.and apart from public notice they shud also send SMS to all customers. Esp. those who have used GPRS in past 6 months.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ---------
Now airtel ranks second after Idea which charges 2p/kb...

Have a look of current default GPRS/EDGE (2G) tariff plans from different operators:

Airtel 30p/20kB = Rs. 15/MB
Reliance 5p/10kB = Rs. 5/MB
Idea 2p/kB = Rs. 20/MB
Aircel,Vodafone and others 10p/10kB = Rs. 10/MB
BSNL/ MTNL (2G/3G) 1p/10kB = Re 1/MB

I read some where that airtel has allocated 300 Crores INR for brand promotion, getting new 3G cheepo ads from some UK company and blah blah.
And now can't they allocate some thousands or some lacs perhaps and spend towards this public notice? I would say they are cheating customers. If a customer goes to court- they just want to have an evidence that they have published in a news paper. Funny guys 🙂

we are the stupidos here 😀 , end user is the funny guy ! like u said this notice is just for the sake of evidence , nothing more .
while spending those crores for ads why cant they improve the infrastructure which would benefit the end user
this is not 1980s or 90s where companies should promote thru tv ads , now in this internet age , if the product is good its promoted on its own thru blogs and forums

^^^ even i wonder same.

and apart from public notice they shud also send SMS to all customers. Esp. those who have used GPRS in past 6 months.

https://broadband.forum/airtel-customer-care-powered-airtel/64571-happens-airtel-edge-98-rupees/#post440438

i am waiting for another copy paste reply from them.

so what happens to the 98 rupee plan! 😕

in the notice its said that whoever is using the plan currently would be shifted to recent 30p/20kb plan after 6 months , both prepaid and post paid

but we all can assume that this 98 Rs plan will be revised shortly ..

My balance is now getting deducted for surfing airtel live !!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Now airtel ranks second after Idea which charges 2p/kb...

Have a look of current default GPRS/EDGE (2G) tariff plans from different operators:

Airtel 30p/20kB = Rs. 15/MB
Reliance 5p/10kB = Rs. 5/MB
Idea 2p/kB = Rs. 20/MB
Aircel,Vodafone and others 10p/10kB = Rs. 10/MB
BSNL/ MTNL (2G/3G) 1p/10kB = Re 1/MB

like i have said earlier , BSNL will be the monopoly .
we dont have to worry whether its making profit or loss , when some minister can loot lakh crore we can over use this public organisation which is built on our tax money 😀

dont surf airtel live , it will be charge 30p/20kb w.e.f today ,28dec2010

timing to badiya hai. jan 20 se MNP ;|

i doubt that 🙁

this was postponed and again postponed , and might get postponed again .
major players wont let this happen so soon .
earlier it was a pride using airtel , now its pain in the A**

Airtel increases its GPRS internet browsing charges

from 30p/50 KB to 30p/20KB w.e.f 5th jan 2011

and browsing airtel Live WAP will be charged 30p/20KB which was free earlier w.e.f 28th dec 2010

Source : Public notice From Airtel @ The times of india , chennai issue [ 28th dec 2010]

this notice was an box news of size 10 cm to 3 cm
while airtel gives stupid ads for full page they cant issue public notice of same size

already airtel broadband is all messed up with the FUPs
now even the mobile internet is going down
so cant expect much from the upcoming 3G service

i will be more than happy to see airtel going down :clap:

---

Admin here... You guys force me to do the hard part:

https://imgur.com/KWYUf

sirjee breaking news dee aapne. Twitter