Airtel in Chennai/which plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter mask
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 10,106

mask

ISP
none
Hi all, I have been going through several threads here and found that airtel had more 'thumbs ups' than 'thumbs down' compared to other providers.😛So I have zeroed in on this provider. However I have some querries about the plans. Do the Home 699 (unlimited 128 kbps) and the 550 plan (nights unlimited/ else a 400 MB cap) provide same speeds? I dont stay at home during the day time, so if both provide equal speed, I may take the latter.Also I have a laptop and a desktop, so is the airtel connection setup machine specific? Because I will definitely use both at varying times, I just dont want a stuff like no net on one while net only on the other.

Isin't the cap for 550 plan 550MB/ month rather than 400MB. and AFAIK 550 plans have speeds upto 512kbps. And NO airtel connection is not specific to a system. You can connect the modem to any system you want access to internet. 🙂

Well buddy the customer care lady in Madurai told me tht the 550 plan has 550MB daytime usage and NO!!!! Night Unlimited! Might wanna check on tht! And I'd suggest you go for some Night Unlimited plan coz u say tht ur usage during the day would be minimal! If ur into serious downloading then Unlimited plans r good! But I kinda download 30 - 40 Gigs a month on my 512Kbps Night Unlimited scheme and manage to use my 512MB daytime quota too! So think again... and ur choices are open... With TATA Indicom offering 2Mbps Night Unlimited for just Rs.99 extra/pm I guess its a good deal! Why don't u check if TATA has wired ur area! But I don't trust their after sales servicing!!! Might wanna think abt tht too! 😛