Airtel, Idea and Vodafone seems to have killed unlimited/long-term validity prepaid recharges

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Got this message on vodafone sim today:

Dear customer, this is a service message from Vodafone. This is to inform you that we have discontinued talktime and bonus card recharges and launched a new and exciting portfolio of All-Rounder recharges. Please find more information here: www.vodafone.in/di1

Even on idea, while I was trying to recharge a friend's prepaid number, the only option was to recharge with a plan that had a fixed validity.

And on Airtel too. @mhsabir noticed it recently. It was even on r/india this week.

Airtel is threatening to block my outgoing calls if I don't recharge, while I still have balance . Is this even legal? : india

Yes. They all are going for fixed monthly commitment to increase their ARPU. BTw JIO introduced it first

I have to keep my brother's sim active as he lives in dubai, so now have to recharge it regularly, instead of small recharge and few calls as per terms to keep a connection active

I think with this.... Jio will again be the beneficiary....

Now I guess, the cheapest plan is Rs.27/ 29 (Voda/ Airtel) which offers 500Mb data for 28days.
The other is Rs.35 which gives talktime of Rs.26.66 and 100Mb data for 28 days for both Voda & Airtel.
This is a clear case of cartelisation and TRAI should take appropriate actions.
Both operators have launched similar plans and at the same time....

Even if they do it, They will loose a lot of connections. Fine with them? Okay with us.

There will be a nice decline in the connections.

INR 10 recharge for Airtel is still working. I'm using it for the past couple of months. Don't know when it's going to end.

Yes Jio does disconnect and allocates the number (may be after certain time) to new users....