Airtel HD+ - Query on using existing hard drive partition

• Thread starter Thread starter kapil9211
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 15,224
Thats cool. I will watch out for this space.
In order to enable the recording (or say to move from HD to HD+), I needed to pay Rs.525/- (Rs.400/- for remote + Rs.125/- engg visiting charges) and a Recording top-up of Rs.25/- month.

Hi Kapil,
to answer your query .. it is a simple NO. When you start format, the entire MBR of your 1 TB HDD will be formatted and recreated... I have tried partioned drives in my stb and it wipes out all partitions clean !

Thanks msjanus for the info.
If one partition gets fully utilized, does the STB automatically switches to another partition?

When I inserted my 80 GB USB Hard drive in Airtel STB, HDD is not getting detected!
When I select some options from menu related to recording or formatting HDD, I am getting popup to insert USB drive with minimum 4 GB capacity.
I wonder my HDD is not getting detected.

My HDD is FAT32 format. But I guess USB port of STB might be disabled until we dont activate Recording pack (at Rs 25 per month). I will try to activate pack and check again if HDD is detected.
Anybody tried to use USB HDD/Pen drive with Airtel STB without activating Recorder pack?

My HDD was NTFS format. But later I tried various formats like exFAT, and FAT32 as well by formatting HDD partition with 32GB size. But all attempts failed.
Finally I got 16GB pen drive (Rs 650) and inserted into STB. It got detected and also got formatted by STB, and ready to use. Then I ordered Recording Remote (for Rs 550) from Airtel. So with Rs 1200 my setup was ready, and I recorded first programme, and enjoyed it by skipping all adverts and watching it at my convenience 🙂

Noticed 1 more feature. We can Pause live TV if USB Pen drive is connected and Recording service enabled.
After paused, we can resume from same point, and also fast forward to catch up with Live TV.

Another feature (or issue?).
I had recorded 1 movie from Star Movies HD last week. But this week I unsubscribed this channel. Now I am getting Error message for the recording as well saying that I am not subscribed to channel.
So basically recordings are bind with packages, and if we unsubscribe for any particular channel, recordings from that channel won't work.
This may face backlash if people come to know about it.

Yes, it happens with every dth dvr. Even if you have internal hdd recorder. You need to subscribe to the channel to view its recorded shows.