• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 15,232

kapil9211

Regular
ISP
Airtel 2mbps 5GB
Hello Techie folks,
Yesterday, I upgraded to Airtel HD+, which allows us to connect to an external usb storage and record programs.
I have a query that I am hoping to get a resolution on this forum.
I have a 1 TB USB external hard drive which is partioned into 4 drives of roughly 250gb each. I plan to use one partition for HD+ STB. However, as soon as I plug in my hard drive to STB and switch it ON, it asks me to 1) Format drive 2) Go back.
I cannot format the drive, because it carries useful data and run beyond 600 gigs, which I cannot back-up somewhere else, even temporararily. I can't just lose the data (believe me, they are not movies).
I just wish that the STB should prompt me with the drive name, once I select it to format. But, I cannot try this, because, if it doesn't prompts me and formats the entire 1 TB drive, I'll be in soup.
So, if any of you have tried to connect a partitioned hard drive to HD+ STB, could you please share your experience?
Is there any way out?
Thanks in advance.
Kapil

kapil , i also want to upgrade to hd+, but can we copy those recorded videos from pendrive to our laptops???, can we transfer those files from attached hard disk to laptop. please explain me clearly.are they transferable to other external medium???

Hi Rahul, the answer is no. Computer doesn;t even recognizes the files. The last time I tried, it did not display the content. It simply said that the drive is empty. Even though, when the same drive was plugged in to the STB, it showed the recorded programs.
Kapil

In HD+ you can record only one channel right? You dont have the option of watching one channel and recording other like u have in HD DVR,isnt it?

v1v14n said:
In HD+ you can record only one channel right? You dont have the option of watching one channel and recording other like u have in HD DVR,isnt it?
That is right. However, you can watch Recorded programs while recording, which is what I usually do.

rahul_dth said:
kapil bhai,are u using any tv tuner card ? which is the compatable for airtel dvr box??to capture to laptop
I have never used any tv tuner card. Sorry, I can't help!!
Hi Everyone,
Can anybody help me in my original query? Has anyone tried to connect a partitioned hard drive to HD+ STB?
Kapil

kapil9211 said:
I have never used any tv tuner card. Sorry, I can't help!!
Hi Everyone,
Can anybody help me in my original query? Has anyone tried to connect a partitioned hard drive to HD+ STB?
Kapil
I doubt its possible. You will have to have a dedicted HD for this. I dont have the Airtel but there is a similar concept in the WII console, where you have to format the disk in a format called WBFS. This format is probably an encryption algorithm understood by the WII console and for this I've had to set aside a 500gb HDD though my usage is around 100gb max...

Please avoid using quote feature when you are responding to the active conversation. Quotes are designed to be used when you are responding to a specific message earlier in the thread (or you are breaking your response into parts by responding to parts of the previous message). If a discussion is active, adding a quote just adds noise to the flow of the thread.
Thanks!
PS. No need to respond to this message.

chromaniac said:
Please avoid using quote feature when you are responding to the active conversation. Quotes are designed to be used when you are responding to a specific message earlier in the thread (or you are breaking your response into parts by responding to parts of the previous message). If a discussion is active, adding a quote just adds noise to the flow of the thread.
Thanks!
PS. No need to respond to this message.
Okay.

Btw I recall now why I quoted.. On Tapatalk, when I hit reply, I cannot scroll up and view the message that I am responding to. So can miss replying to some points....

I have 80 GB HDD which I am planning to use for recording. But I dont have remote. Where can we get remote for recording.
I too have 2 partition of 40 GB each on my HDD, I was also wondering if I can use only 1 partition for recording purpose. Let me try how it goes. I dont have to worry about data as I have new 500 GB HDD on which I am planning to take all data backup.