airtel has started to play games with customers!

• Thread starter Thread starter DkMandar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,733
Hi friends,I recharged my airtel sim with 3g pack of 655rs.in starting it was giving a speed of 500 to 600 kbps which was awesome here,but after I used 3GB it was supposed to give me a speed of 80kbps,but no! I spent 3GB data in 3 days and after that I got a speed of 9-10 kbps.
I called customer care and told them about my problem who transferred my call to senior officer who gave me information that this plan (655 rs 3g unlimited) gives high speed till 3GB and after that it reduces to 80kbps for next 2 GB and after that it gives 2kbps.I searched everywhere on net,reread every advertisement of this plan and found that it was written nowhere. In ad they says we will get a speed of 80kbps after usage of 3GB in this plan.i felt cheated.I recalled customer care and said them that i got wrong information here and no such information is given to customers in advertisement.After hearing my complaint calmly he cut my phone and now I can't call to customer care.its not giving even 9kbps now.wow.so its airtel.
They cheat with us and play games when we complaints.n its not first time.I m done with airtel.I know no1 is gonna listen,I just msgd here to let u guys know about the reality of airtel.

errm. had they stopped?

I suggest moving out to a better mobile carrier. I did last month and it feels great!

I moved to Idea. But every city is going to be different. Ask around. Get a test sim. Use it for a few days. On a second device if possible. If you are happy with the performance, port out.

And please do not make repeatitive posts with the same content.

^This. Get prepaid sims of the other 3G providers in your circle and test the networks out.

Which circle?

You are getting correct speed, kbps is kilobits per second; 80kbps/8= 10 kB/s (kilobyte per second)
1byte = 8 bits

It is confusing and all ISP write speed like this only.

3G speed is 3 to 7 mbps so you will get speed of 384 kB/s to 896 kB/s.

Sorry for 'making repeatitive posts with the same content' @chromaniac.I will take care of that.
N I m from Jaipur, Rajasthan x720.
Thnx for ur replies guys!

Nothing wrong with airtel i can say in this matter, considering kb and kB..