• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,512

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
I have a Airtel Number (Starts with 979) which i use in USB modem for last couple of months and I was impressed with good speed, recently i purchased samsung Galaxy 3, so i moved this sim from modem to phone, it works great in phone too,I purchased another Airtel connection (Starts with 840) and activated Rs.98 plan for GPRS in this new SIM, guess what Speed it horrible, it cant even stay online for more than first few minutes.Can someone please tell have you also seem speed drop and poor connectivity on 84 series.I get 94-98% Signals, Speed in old sim at same location is 200kbps with download speed varying from 15-24kbpsI think i now need to hunt for 979 series number to be able to use GPRS.Any one with suggestion

That sounds weird. Never experienced such a thing!

yes, i was shocked when i noticed this.Last evening went to Airtel Store, and asked the prepaid guys about this and they said, yes there's some speed issues with all series except 9xx numbers, and he suggested me to buy a new connectionwhich is from old series OR wait for the servers to get updated for newer series, He didn't had any ETA when this issue would be resolved.Now i have to hunt for the old series number today and loose the cool number which i found on 8400 series as its of no use to me without working GPRS.

Back to GPRS, found a 99 series number and got it activated, Speed is good now/

however had a real nightmare when i flashed my vodafone stick to mobile-partner version 16, i thought i would just replace VMC and place latest MP,
but the device was not getting recognized, Spent hell lot of a time in getting this fixed.

https://www.speedtest.net

reminds me. i have to get an airtel connection too. still wondering if i should get a temporary connection before getting my current number switched to airtel using MNP. january 20 cannot come any faster 🙁