Airtel GPRS: Questions, Problems and Solutions

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 438,649
hello , i bought airtel gprs @98rs for 2gb pack last week & i cant find correct gprs settings for mobile office ,my phone is Nokia 2700 classic , can any 1 tell me how to get the setting? , thanks in advance

hello , i bought airtel gprs @98rs for 2gb pack last week & i cant find correct gprs settings for mobile office ,my phone is Nokia 2700 classic , can any 1 tell me how to get the setting? , thanks in advance

send MO to 52567 to receive the settings
alternatively call cc to get settings either manual configuration or they will send it

By the way there are more GPRS plans introduced

press *567#

i have a Nokia 5800 with Airtel GPRS Mobile Office.Even if i am not using internet below the tower signal strength symbol the GPRS connection is shown all times- ie even if i am not using internet.Is this normal.Please help

Can anyone help me to choose best mobile for browsing internet on my pc (XP Operating System) ? I can afford Price Up to Rs. 10,000

Prakash

Can anyone help me to choose best mobile for browsing internet on my pc (XP Operating System) ? I can afford Price Up to Rs. 10,000

Prakash
Go for new Nokia 6700 classic.its around 11,850..for more information go to nokia.co.in

type *567# it gives you internet information. Then I pressed 1(Internet Activation option).in it there were 5 options.:1. Daily Rental@Rs10 (100 MB)2. Unlimited Rs 25(200MB)3.Zero Rental(30p/50KB)4.Monthly @ Rs 985. Daily Rental @ 3Rs(10MB Free).So my doubt is for 2nd option.. Unlimited means 25 Rs will be deducted from your net talktime and you can surf internet for any no. of days upto 200MB? Is it correct or something else like 200MB per day or like that?

how i wish our mobile connections were this fast! [video=facebook;403437034787]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=403437034787

I have an Android Device....and My Vodafone Live connection OBVIOUSLY DOESENT support it!! Only the Browser connects, NO DAMN APPS...So im planning to shift...to Airtel...the 98 RS connection...But I wanted to know a couple of things:1. On Android 2.2 (Froyo) will all the apps connect..Gmail, Weather Widget etc...(On Vodafone Live only the Brpwser works)2. How is the connection and what is the difference between the Airtel 98/month AND the Vodafone Mobile Connect connection???

I have an Android Device....and My Vodafone Live connection OBVIOUSLY DOESENT support it!!
Only the Browser connects, NO DAMN APPS...

So im planning to shift...to Airtel...the 98 RS connection...But I wanted to know a couple of things:

1. On Android 2.2 (Froyo) will all the apps connect..Gmail, Weather Widget etc...(On Vodafone Live only the Brpwser works)

2. How is the connection and what is the difference between the Airtel 98/month AND the Vodafone Mobile Connect connection???

Vodafone Live and airtel Live only lets you view their website (ie airtel live website and vodafone live website only.......u cannot access other websites like yahoo..)
You need to activate Mobile Office scheme to visit all websites in Airtel. I dont know the name of the scheme similar to Mobile Office in Vodafone but im sure vodafone will work on Android....u just need the right settings and scheme

Ive got an AirTel connection..but i wud like to report an issue...the net just seems to die after 9:30 - 10:00 in the night....it just wont access, i mean the speed in the mornin and night are poles apart...what can be the reason...???Is it the area or is it just the connection?

I have an Android Device....and My Vodafone Live connection OBVIOUSLY DOESENT support it!!
Only the Browser connects, NO DAMN APPS...

So im planning to shift...to Airtel...the 98 RS connection...But I wanted to know a couple of things:

1. On Android 2.2 (Froyo) will all the apps connect..Gmail, Weather Widget etc...(On Vodafone Live only the Brpwser works)

2. How is the connection and what is the difference between the Airtel 98/month AND the Vodafone Mobile Connect connection???

I was using Airtel Live connection on my Samsung Wave, Bada based phone, and all the apps were able to connect, including dedicated facebook and twitter. The only downsize is that they charged me Rs 750/- for my net use for the month, as I was on Airtel Live. now I moved to the Rs 98 p.m. 2GB "Unlimited" plan! Funny thing is, when I called cust care, and while being charged Rs. 0.50 per 3 min to talk to their shitty cust service agent, she told me there are no such plan, and I have to go for Rs 198/- for the 2GB unlimited plan. The Rs 98/- one is for 50 MB only. She kept telling me for so many other expensive plans, and I knew there is a plan, but she didn't. So, I did not active that. Yesterday I saw a message after my browsing on phone, which informs me of my kb use for that session, that i should dial toll free 12131 for unlimited plan details. This number is basically offer of the day, and they have a standard offer of the day for this Rs 98/- 2GB unlimited plan. you can activate it using sms, and no cust service is required. I did it now, and using that. I am not satisfied with Airtel definition of unlimited, but don't have to pay Rs 750/- for my 40MB of browsing in a month!