Airtel GPRS: Questions, Problems and Solutions

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 438,642
type *567# it gives you internet information.
Then I pressed 1(Internet Activation option).
in it there were 5 options.:
1. Daily Rental@Rs10 (100 MB)
2. Unlimited Rs 25(200MB)
3.Zero Rental(30p/50KB)
4.Monthly @ Rs 98
5. Daily Rental @ 3Rs(10MB Free).

So my doubt is for 2nd option.. Unlimited means 25 Rs will be deducted from your net talktime and you can surf internet for any no. of days upto 200MB? Is it correct or something else like 200MB per day or like that?

Sorry for bumping on a old thread, but i use HDFC bank for all my pre-paid and post paid connections and today my Rs.98 Airtel pack expired.
So i tried HDFC bank to recharge, it failed to top up the gprs plan amount, and i came across this thread, Wow, broadbandforum.co has all the answers, Thanks admin.

I tried online topup of Rs.100 from Airtel Site but they opened tiny "mcheck" interface, to be on safe side i generated a Rs.100 netsafe card from HDFC, but it was not accepted by mcheck on airtel site saying i need to enter a Indian credit card, I am already from india and have a valid citizenship but seems mcheck doesn't want to entertain netsafe cards.

After all fuss I recharged from HDFC direct refill and then used *567# option to activate the Rs.98 plan.

Back to business with help of broadbandforum.

I think 14 KB/s itself is a good speed for EDGE.

AIrtel GPRS sucks big time.It keeps on disconnecting frequently ! Though the speeds are good . . maximum goes around 220 kbps. . . .and minimum 128 kbps !

hey guys ....wat if i use the 3g internet wen i have activated the 98rs 2gb cap plan...???will i be charged separately?????

What the hell is wrong with Airtel?Yesterday, suddenly Rs. 7 was deducted from my account for activation of 'ASTROLOGY' VAS on Airtel live!Apparently, I did not activate that service.I called '198', it took atleast 1 minute to get through to the customer care executive.I told her the problem, she told me 'Aapke mobile se yeh request activate ki gayi hai'. When I told that I haven't activated, she insisted that I had. WTH!I asked to deactivate the VAS & if I would be credited with Rs. 7 back? Her plain answer was 'NO' and she carried on with 'Airtel pe call karne ke liye dhanyawad, aapka din shubh ho'.When will this 'Chalta Hai' attitude of Airtel end?I am fed up with Airtel.Anyone knows about ELUV service?Since a few days, Airtel is sending me sms forwards that ends with 'Luv u'. What the hell! :/Oh god, wrong topic. Sorry admin.

apparently airtel has started large scale ripping of people. I was an airtel customer for 2 years. They took 20 bucks for apparently a few months ago from my phone for a service activation which i never did. You need to shout at the CC person and then only will they credit the money back like they did for me. Am gonna porting to docomo. Docomo's tariff is one of the cheapest now.

@Saurav_kool
You won't get refund if you call CC. Better post complaint in any online consumer court forum websites where airtel presence give replay. I was lucky that once when I made complaint, my validity increased 2 more years when they refunded money. I don't need to recharge any soon as i use my airtel no. mainly for incoming calls and sms only. Airtel used to activate unwanted services again and again. I posted complaint again and again. They stopped activating when they got feeling that i will post complaint again.

@smasher
I also agree that docomo tariff is very very cheap. But they are making money by activating unwanted services. They will never refund money. Before porting to docomo, check comments in docomo threads in this website(https://broadband.forum ) TATADOCOMO is posting scripted replay to every complaint. But never refunded money.

I have 98 EDGE pack activated on my Airtel number, which is going to expire today.If I recharge with Rs 98 right now, the data and validity will get increased to another 30 days, right?Or am I supposed to wait for it to expire first 😕

i connected to this package from their interactive menu. money was deducted from my balance.

since then they have automatically recharged the same pack for me.

this month however, i was running on low balance. and instead of 98 they charged the 60 rupee package.

i am not sure what happens when the 2 week period gets over. would they charge me 60 or 98. 😕

----------

and yes, i think if you recharge now, your older plan would be overridden. the new plan would not be added in queue.

you will get a message saying that the pack is going to be renewed in 24 hours when you have 1 day to go and after that it will be automatically renewed.

data validity would be increased also ur remaining data limit would be added to ur new data ......

When it comes to Airtel, I can't help my paranoia 😕Going to recharge in a moment.