Airtel GPRS: Questions, Problems and Solutions

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 438,653
I use the Rs 99 per week unlimited GPRS on my prepaid Airtel connection. Since this Jun 9th, Airtel has been deducting 30p per 50kb also. When I called the customer service they say it's technical difficulty. So please be aware of your balances as Airtel might be just siphoning money out of your accounts.

I am Having HTC 3G Phone, Airtel GPRS is not working for MeCan u Help MeSundararajan V

Airtel Is a complete doofah to remove one of the best Unlimited plans in India:madness:Their Plans was 5Rs a day in the begining.then it was 10 a day...Slowly climbed up to 15 and 25...Anywhow, it was really UNLIMITED and one can keep their moblies Overnight to download Files.So sad to know that Nice,unlimited internet still remains a dream for india.Also, BSNl 3G has NO true Unlimited plans.😡

I'm going to post a trick here for those who want to use free internet on their mobiles:yahoo:
Things needed :
(1)JAVA compatible mobile phone
(2)Airtel live
(3)UCWEB browser
processor : download UCWEB from the given link
UCWEB6beta2 Eng Translated / free download install it in ur phone.
it don't require any proxy. use it with ur default \"AIRTEL LIVE\" settings.
but here comes the point...it requires change in UCWEB browser settings...!!
press left shortcut key of ur mob for MENU
Settings-->System Settings-->Network settings-->Now Choose \"Direct Internet\" instead of \"Monternet\"....and save the settings.
N voila............free
u can acess both wap and web sites on this browser without even paying a single rupee:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
who cares for 20Kb/30paisa charge of airtel live:thumbsup::yahoo::hysterical:

source= hac_king_realm

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbe on this website & want some help regarding the GPRS issues with airtel network ...

I want to use airtel GPRS on my motorola W270 phone & i have all the settings for it as well but whenever I try to use it, I get a message ..
ERROR : Network Down :frown::frown:

Can some help me with this ????? :huh:

speeds are never constant. depends on a lot of things. i get 2kbps to 32kbps. it's mostly 15kbps average. things haven't been the same since the mumbai fire.

I'll agree to my friend here ....
It depends on a lot of things like the quality of reception, the phone that you are using, the plans available in your area, the area where you live etc etc ...

lol i knew it...it has happened to me...so there has to be a lot others too 😛..but my question....what in this case....will gprs usage be archived ?

I doubt .. coz if Airtel doesnt charge you then obviously they dont know that you are using this service & if they are not tracking your usage then there will be no record of it as well ... but it is really interesting as to why this is not tracked ??? 😉

1. North Goa2. Huawei USB Modem, Nokia 3110 Classic (Bluetooth/USB)3. 25KB/s (200kb/s)4. Rs25/Day Unlimited (Rs750/Month)5. Drains the battrey fast (ultimately reducing battrey longetivity) PS: Airtel Customer Service is the worst I've ever come across (even compared to Govt. operators)

thanks for ur info i am able to browse absolutely free. But how to download files. only 500 bytes is downloading & downloading completes partially. Iam using SE k550i mobile. how to save pictures & web page from this brouser. Plz help in this it wiil be very useful.

I am quite experienced regarding this. Free gprs for 1.5 years!! 😛

Hey, can you help me out with this... ! I have tried everything possible but something always turns out wrong for me...
I am using SE W710i... and I have airtel prepaid number of Madhya Pradesh... hope you can take out some time from your schedule to help me out

I'm going to post a trick here for those who want to use free internet on their mobiles:yahoo:
Things needed :
(1)JAVA compatible mobile phone
(2)Airtel live
(3)UCWEB browser
processor : download UCWEB from the given link
UCWEB6beta2 Eng Translated / free download install it in ur phone.
it don't require any proxy. use it with ur default \"AIRTEL LIVE\" settings.
but here comes the point...it requires change in UCWEB browser settings...!!
press left shortcut key of ur mob for MENU
Settings-->System Settings-->Network settings-->Now Choose \"Direct Internet\" instead of \"Monternet\"....and save the settings.
N voila............free
u can acess both wap and web sites on this browser without even paying a single rupee:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
who cares for 20Kb/30paisa charge of airtel live:thumbsup::yahoo::hysterical:

source= hac_king_realm

Hey thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us...
actually I am using Sony ericsson w710i... I downloaded ucweb6 and changed settings... as you said...
what do you mean when you say use airtel live settings...?
Do you mean change internet settings and streaming settings on my mobile...? Both these things are set to mobile office... how to do I change this...?
coz its not working for me...! 🙁

----------

Now I deleted my settings on mobile!!... Now it says settings missing... please contact operator for java settings... how do I fix this...??

----------

thanks for ur info
i am able to browse absolutely free. But how to download files. only 500 bytes is downloading & downloading completes partially. Iam using SE k550i mobile. how to save pictures & web page from this brouser. Plz help in this it wiil be very useful.

I am also using SE phone although its W710i... Can you tell me what your internet settings and streaming settings are set to...? So that I can also connect to the internet 😉

Thanks a lot

----------

Ok OK it started working... 🙂 thanks a lot...
Btw I wanted to download some softwares on my mobile... like games and other utilities any suggestions and where to get them from

----------

This thing is charging me!! How did you guys make it free??

----------

whats up with the language I am getting all blocks for letters...?😕

----------

Its charging me Rs 0.30 for 2.00 KBs... 🙁

----------

the browser language s chinese... can someon tell me how to change it to english...

Same here... did it change...?

Hi will this free internet work on blackberry mobile?i have a 8310 .. plz let me know

Airtel withdrawn unlimited GPRS from last week in Karnataka. This is very bad, i have already purchased Aircel SIM and activated Rs.98 for one month unlimited GPRS plan for my iPhone. Speed is not good but at least it is better than Airtel.