Airtel Games On Demand

• Thread starter Thread starter wR2g4vdTjL5d
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 21,531
One problem with newer games is that, they are insanely big, most newer single games are about 7 - 10 GB, so downloading them would become a hassle on our net connections.

One problem with newer games is that, they are insanely big, most newer single games are about 7 - 10 GB, so downloading them would become a hassle on our net connections.

That is normal...
We are in 2010. People do download and upload as much as 30-35gb/month. The only reason I think there are all old games because they are rather cheap and most people in India don't have machines that can run newer games.

To play multiplayer you need a genuine serial key for the game. I am not sure how god works but if they didn't give you a genuine, never used before serial key for the game then thats pretty much like selling you pirated game.
I also got a call from airtel for this and after seeing how old and pathetic their games are I denied it without a second thought.
I maybe able to help you with multiplayer if you tell me how you received BF2 and installed it.

The only reason I went in for GOD was that it is complimentary with my Plan (Airtel - Turbo 1299) "I Think". Anywho, GOD partially downloads the game just enough to launch it, the connection to the server is very fast ~5Mbps and the rest of the game streams. They do have some games which are multiplayer like - Age of Mythology, but that game Sucks. I dont want to play a game which is a decade old. Also I checked for BF2 there is no option to enter the Serial. After downloading and installing using GOD, It just launches, there is no promp to enter the key.

And yes I have downloaded "Stuff" from the internet to the tune of 25 - 35 Gbs. That is not a problem

And a lot of people do have descent hardware to play a lot of games , well maybe not the latest one but atleast something which is less than a Decade old.

Then they have this multiplayer shooter called ROCK - the frekin game is free anyway to download and play online, why would I want to join GOD to play ROCK.
They need to think over their game plan, Its been a month or something like that since I got GOD subscription. I dont think I have even used it for a day. What a waste!

P.S. - I think there was someone here who represented GOD. If you read this please Help us Gamers man, we deserve better than this. We do want an Indian gaming service like yours, but dude , the Games on GOD just suck!

Go to online tab in BF2, make an ea account if you don't already have and login with it. It should then start listing the servers for you.I don't understand how it would stream the game. Its not like a movie or a song that you can stream. If a file is not present the game will simply crash or won't start at all. BF2 is an awesome game which was made to be played multiplayer. But its also 4-5 years old. I can say for sure that you can never expect god to have any newer game(2007 to today). These games are sold for $20 and above, there is no way you can have these for Rs.200/month. Its impossible. Ofcourse I am not talking about 2d games and such. Hell, there is not even any kind of proof or something that these games on god are legal or not. For all you know, they may just be downloading cracked games on your hdd.It is also important what you consider decent. Most people do not have the hardware to play games post 2007.

Game cannot be streames.
You need an EA account
I meant to say that only the partial game is downloaded so as to just be enough to launch it, the rest of the game is cached or downloaded on the go, so that when the GOD account expires, you cannot play the game.

P.S. Dont believe me - Try it out.

I guess the only way this is possible would be if Scenarios are downloaded on the go whereas game files are loaded in advance. Interesting stuff indeed. Ill try it with a free trial if they have one

Hmmm...I highly doubt that these guys are THAT advanced...EDIT: After thinking over it, I can say the games cannot be streamed. To stream it you would need to edit the game code. When you launch a game the game will look for files in its specified directories. Now unless the internet is extremely fast(~50 megabytes/second) it is impossible. If the necessary files are not there when the game looks for them, the game will crash or give errors. Can you show us through screenshots how god downloads the games and how directories are created. I am quite confident that with a little bit of fiddling around you can play the games even when your account has expired.

I am quite confident that with a little bit of fiddling around you can play the games even when your account has expired.
I agree! But I guess almost non of the games they have are worth the time and effort to do that anyway.

got a call from airtel customer care about games on demand.

since i was not interested i refused.

strange part was the number: 07554048501

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

ooh looks like it came from bhopal.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Indiagames is however located in Mumbai...

Indiagames Ltd.
Vishwaroop IT Park,
Vashi International Info-Tech Park,
Above Raghuleela mall.
11th Floor, Plot No. 34, 35 & 38,
Sector 30 A, CIDCO, Vashi,
Navi-Mumbai- 400 705.

Telephone : +91 22 6771 0700 , +91 22 2781 3358 , +91 22 2781 3359

Fax : +91 22 6771 0777 , +91 22 2781 3360

Email :servicedesk@indiagames.com

The used to call me like every alternate day ... Everytime i said i wasnt interested .. then he insisted on send the username and password to my mail .. and even i said NO ... he sent it .. Once I told them I have an Xbox so Im not interested .. the Idiot asks .. sir what is an Xbox .. hahahaha .. and he is promoting GOD

holy cow. i just got another call. since i recognized the weird STD code... i knew that it was from AGOD. the conversation: him: hello sirme: are you calling on behalf of Airtel Games on Demand? him: yes sir me: i do not need ithim: thank you sircall disconnect.