Airtel FUP has not reset

• Thread starter Thread starter aravalon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,842

aravalon

ISP
Airtel
I rarely download anything unless it's a few song. Last month (on the 20th to be exact) I downloaded something that was 2GB. Previously I got a message saying something like "Your Fair Usage is 80%". Anyway, I (apparently) passed the Fair Usage Policy mark and sure enough my speed was lowered. For the next couple of days my speed was so low that I couldn't even get to my email. I read that my speed would go down to 50%. I have a 512 connection; my normal speed is around 70kbps. After Fair Usage Policy........0-4kbps!?!? Shouldn't it be around 35kbps!? Okay, I kept quiet because my speed would be reset on my next billing cycle; which was 2 days later on the 26th of November. Well, that day came and went, then I thought maybe it'll be reset on the 1st of December; well, that day's long gone too. Is my speed ever going back to normal? How many years is this going to take? I spend my entire day on the internet; now I have nothing. I'm paying for an online game, and I can't play it. I'd be happy with 30kbps but I don't even have that. I hate calling customer service, especially in India. Has anyone had a similar experience? How long must I wait?

a couple of folks on the forum have reported that airtel does not reset their fup limits at the end of the billing cycle. you have to struggle with the customer care and get it fixed. 🙁

a couple of folks on the forum have reported that airtel does not reset their fup limits at the end of the billing cycle. you have to struggle with the customer care and get it fixed. 🙁
That's right. They did exactly the same thing with me. I had to fight a lot to get my original speed back . 😕

@aravalon: Contact the Nodal Officer's dept. Call 020-40031234.

i think he meant 30KBps aka 256kbps.

I know. If he is happy with 256 Kbps, why bother with Airtel? BSNL gives a 512 Kbps connection without a fair usage policy. There is a problem with fair usage policy only when you want 1/2 Mbps.

I know. If he is happy with 256 Kbps, why bother with Airtel? BSNL gives a 512 Kbps connection without a fair usage policy. There is a problem with fair usage policy only when you want 1/2 Mbps.

I'd switch over to BSNL but they don't have it in my area.

Anyway, I called them over two days ago and they said they would called me back in 48 hours. Well, here I am - about 60 hours later with internet so slow that youtube videos don't load at all.

you are expecting BSNL to call you back? 😀

Hehe I meant Airtel won't call back; not BSNL 😛

Here's my update. I tried the number iChaitanya gave (the Nodal Officer's department); they said they don't deal with my problem and gave me the 121 number. I told them that they didn't call be back, as promised, and they said they would call be back the same day. Again, the day is over - it's 9pm and...nothing 🙁

Phoned them this morning and they finally reset my speed. They should have reset it over two weeks back, but oh well. At least my speed is back to normal 🙂

You called them? Them --> whom? Nodal officer's dept. ?

No, when I called Airtel the first time (using the 121 number) they didn't call back (like they were supposed to) so I tried the Nodal officers dept; Nodal said it was the wrong department and told me to phone 121. Called 121 yesterday and today before they did something. Anyway, the issue solved now and my speed is reset 🙂