Airtel FTTH Now Available In Chandigarh

• Thread starter Thread starter SINGH30
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 4,398
@yougotmehere I m living one of the oldest sector of Chandigarh.
Airtel of Upgrading and laying FTTH to those area,s first they think they get more Connections.

Cost of laying FTTH UNDERGROUND is very HIGH I asked the Team who was laying FTTH In my area they said It's Cost Around
RS 360/- per Meter They said They Laid Near 10 kilometres Of FTTH in my Area.

And it's the Cost laying FTTH in just one Sector. In CHANDIGARH there are near 120 Sectors.
And It's Take them near 3 to 4 Months To Complete FTTH in JUST one sector.
You can understand how much time it take to reach masses.

I am having very poor experience with Airtel Fibre in Sector 32, Chandigarh especially with the upload speeds. I am using their top of the link 300 Mbps connection by ut still getting poor upload speeds.

On google drive I get fluctuation in upload speeds ranging from 1-20 Mbps, same on wetransfer, Dropbox etc. With their Huawei modem and 5ghz wifi the speed test app on my phone shows about 300 on download and 50ish mbps on upload. Same story on the PC as well.
Their engineer is visiting my site since last 5 days but still no resolution and also There's worth noticing that Airtel is not making any commitment on the Upload speeds. It seems that they are not having any clue about this issue now.

trying to upload smaller files or larger files on upload? what upload speed you get on non-popular speed tests where isps are unlikely to cheat. like Broadband Internet Speed Test

I have tried multiple files, now tested with 1 GB of video file to my google drive. On this broadband speed test I am getting 2.3 Mbps on upload.

right. it's likely that there is no uniform policy on what upload speed would be set on a connection.
best is to get an official word on what upload speeds should be on a particular plan. and than push for it. 😕

@Sushubh Yes, but they are not entertaining their customer at all in this concern. I have got my modem replaced today, line checked but still the issue is there. I have been going through this since last week, tweeted to Airtel also yesterday.