Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband in Sector 31 Gurgaon

Sushubh

Administrator

still not listed.

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Even here Spectra, like airtel, are a third party, they use the existing fiber infra already in place. Do they have the financial muscle like airtel to deploy FTTH to begin with? I don't think so.

Sushubh

Administrator
yeah. the likelihood of them laying cables in my sector is very minimal. the brochures are a mystery however. airtel is doing it properly. using sensor type machine and only digging holes after long distances. i am guessing they are using the same pathway that they have for their copper cables.

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Ads in your area don't specifically mean they are for you, its just to create awareness and spread the word. Areas with high footfall like a market is perfect for this. Plus I bet they aren't paying too much, if any at all, to hang that thing there. Spectra is also doing big time ads on FM radio as well. When a person calls in they will then discover that they are served or not. But atleast they have called in seeing the ad. They had started putting in flyers in the newspapers delivered to us almost a whole year before they even got here.

The cable tunneling machines are a must these days, can't afford to dig up the whole length of the street in residential areas and invite the wrath of the residents.

Sushubh

Administrator
heh. seems stupid tbh. they are only disappointing prospective customers. it's not like world spa people are visiting my sector's market on a regular basis. it seems like one of those premium societies where people pay for privacy. the restaurant guy i was talking about had an experience delivering a pizza to one of the resident. he was asked to park his scooter around 150 meters from the main gate of the society. had to get an entry pass at gate and that too after confirming his identity from the resident. and then he had to submit his details again at the reception area of the main building. and then he was asked to use the service lift instead of regular lift. and only then he managed to reach the actual house where the pizza was to be delivered. and the person did not even open the door for him. only dealt with him through a small window in the door. and signed his entry pass to confirm that he did visit the intended destination. and he was allowed to leave only after depositing that signed pass. ?

i imagine you live in a similar (same?) society ?

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
ROFL, yes it is the same at all apartment complexes. I live on Sohna Road in an even bigger/upmarket/"put whatever other fancy name you can think of" apartment complex. Ours is no different, they call it multi tier security, checks at multiple locations. Just if the guy comes in from the wrong gate he may have to walk upto 800 mtrs(no jokes) round trip back to his bike/delivery vehicle. They sometimes don't even let me in as I don't have the stupid "sticker" stuck on the car windscreen. Only when I show it to them, they let me in. The older guards who recognise me, they must have at one point received it from me for asking the sticker, usually just let me in. :p

I do open the door and deal politely with all the delivery guys, in summer I always offer them water as well. I can understand it is tough work, but, most are hardened to the fact that most residents are ignorant or simply don't care. Some are themselves down right rude and arrogant.

Last edited:

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
how does it work with delivery guys of amazon/flipkart/myntra/BigBasket/Grofers? is there a different system setup for these folks? delivery guy on bike carrying 2-3 packages or a van full of deliveries for multiple apartments in the society?
They usually have it setup in such a way that all packages for a specific complex are with the same guy or maybe two or more guys(holidays and big sales). If it is prepaid, the package is left at a "mail room", they guy in charge there informs us of the delivery and then delivers it to us end of day. For the COD packages, he then goes about delivering it to the respective apartments.

Sushubh

Administrator
i would post the plans when they start distributing brochures. the people i was dealing with were infra guys (mostly labour with a few technical guys). they had no idea about launch date or plans or anything. the guys i talked all said that they would be ready in a week or so. which is kind of hard to believe. they were laying down cables on the side lane of the house in front of mine. would keep on updating as they lay down cable to the side of my house where i park my car ?. hopefully they would not need to damage the cemented platform we got built for the cars to park.

--

most Amazon guys these days call me up and tell me that they are standing outside my house. i would go out and see no one there. they basically call me on route so that idiot me is standing outside waiting for them to first arrive and then quickly handover the package and move on. i guess one cannot blame them as they are paid per delivery and cod customers cost them a lot of time so customers like me can be processed as fast as possible.