Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband in Sector 31 Gurgaon

Sushubh

Administrator
They are laying down cables in my sector today lol.

Sushubh

Administrator
Who would take their services when Spectra would could(?) soon offer 1gbps for 1450.

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
Just a few days ago I had a chat with local airtel linesman. He had zero idea about fiber laying. in fact he told me to stop waiting and upgrading to v-fiber already. so from the looks of it, even the local airtel guys have no idea about fiber laying plans.

Sushubh

Administrator
16mbps in my line. that's why i never bothered. running abs broadband and excitel on a load sharing router. also paying for airtel 4mbps adsl. total bill comes to around 820+720+650= ~2200. zero downtime. unlimited data. unlimited calling on airtel landline. static ip means i can access cctv on the move though it's pretty much never really used. have to eventually give up on one of these three isps. would probably dump abs broadband. paid for 3 months yesterday. would probably switch to airtel ftth in april assuming it becomes available by that time. and switch load balancer from balancing to backup.

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Who would take their services when Spectra would soon offer 1gbps for 1450.
Does Spectra even serve non Apartment complexes? Even with apartment complexes they are slooooow to deploy, take where I live, airtel got here 8 months after the first flats were handed over, it took spectra over 32 months to get here! That too in a place where there are 29 buildings with over 2000 apartments!

Whats worse is almost 85% of the folks here have airtel, most don't even bother with Spectra due to their stellar reputation they have built up over the years.

It is good that airtel is finally moving towards proper FTTH, they have milked their copper long enough. This also means they will soon be able to offer speeds greater than 100Mbps as well.

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
spectra has been offering services at a society nearby (world spa. heard pretty interesting story about the security at this place today from a restaurant owner. insane policies!). they label it as part of sector 31 (my sector) but it is pretty far away.

but my local market has been full of spectra posters for a few days now. their promo banners are hung everywhere! i chatted with their support guy on their website few days ago and he said that my area is not yet serviced. he did say that they are laying down cables in my area. i have not seen anyone laying down cable for spectra so i am guessing it was just a standard response.

but i am still confused about spectra banners hanging all around my sector for the last couple of weeks.