Airtel finally rolled out CGNAT in Nagpur.

• Thread starter Thread starter albonycal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 6,322
ISP
AS24560 (Airtel)
Mikrotik hAP ax^2 Router
image.png

I checked my ONT today and saw that the IP was 100.111.159.242
They have finally rolled out CGNAT here (I checked with my neighbor) :\
They do have IPv6 but it's funky.
I can't use my wireguard VPN right now. I'll have to switch to IPv6 for that now. The thing is the firewall on the airtel ONT isn't flexible so either you have to disable it or enable. You can't allow specific ports.

And, IPv6 routing to cloudflare seems unreliable. It likes to route to POPs that are far away, Bangalore, Kolkatta etc.
While IPv4 nearly always prefers Mumbai (lower latency for me)
I'll try asking the support if they can do something about the CGNAT.

Better than mine which goes to AMS like all the time. You can go for ZTE ONT, it is a lot more flexible.

Huh so the websites which are on free plan route to colo=LHR London using IPv4 :\
And IPv6 to AMS, FRA etc.

Last edited:
My G-2425G-A is unlocked (on the ALCL profile) is the ZTE ONT better than that, how does the firewall page look like, can you enable bridge mode yourself? and what about performance

Last edited:
ZTE allows bridge and select port forwarding. I do not know what a home router has anything to do with performance. Wireless range is good even though it is chucked in a corner. I have set Wi-Fi power to 60%.
IPV4 does Mumbai but IPV6 does FRA and I use IPV6 on Openwrt.

You have used the Nokia one right? I was just asking if the ZTE one is better than that>

ZTE has more features than Nokia and it is pretty decent too. My one only reason to use ZTE is the feature of dynamic routing i.e RIPv2.

👍 I'll ask the CC to see if they can get me one. Last time I requested to change the ONT they did register my service ticket but never changed the ONT 😅 is there a thing you have to say to "convince them" ?

@albonycal Have you ever gotten Kolkata(CCU) as your colocation using cloudflare warp? I live in Kolkata and never got Kolkata colocation, always got either BLR or BOM. If so can you please send it's endpoint IP