Airtel Fiber - Nokia G-2425G-A or ZTE F670L ?

• Thread starter Thread starter SYKE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,096

Which one do you suggest?

• Total voters
ISP
Airtel
Hi,

I am getting a new Airtel Xstream Fiber connection tomorrow.

I have been offered a choice to choose between Nokia G-2425G-A and ZTE F670L.

Which one is better considering priority is wifi range/speed/stability (both 2.4G & 5G)?

Any other pros/ cons to look for?

For wifi range better use personal router ....

I've used the ZTE F607L with hathway broadband in bangalore. Range and packet loss on 5Ghz was always an issue. I had to use a lan cable always with my PC and laptop.
Using the Nokia G-245G-A with Tata Play Fiber currently. Range is decent. Requires a reboot sometimes to function properly.
If you are an advanced user, go with the ZTE F607L. Nokia G-245G-A is pretty much locked and you won't be able to play a lot in settings.
But as per my experience the Nokia G-245G-A has better range and stability.

I've used the ZTE F607L with hathway broadband in bangalore. Range and packet loss on 5Ghz was always an issue.

Nokia G-245G-A with Tata Play Fiber currently. Range is decent. Requires a reboot sometimes to function properly.

Could someone else please confirm this. I am so confused now. Have rescheduled the installation to 26th.

Dunno about the ZTE, but given a choice I'd choose the Nokia. Caveat - switch it to bridge mode and use a router of your own. ISP ONTs are very basic in functionality and performance.

well bad news
some of my friend reported that airtel just updated the zte firmware some times back today and it also locked it

I have ZTE F670L v9 and many features are locked. But range is good. My question how to enable Telnet on it went unanswered on this forum.
whatever you get or decide ask Airtel NOC to put it in bridge and use ur own quality router to front end WAN if need be
Finally it all depends upon your requirement and interest. Some users are simply happy with just the Internet, if that's you, ZTE is good.

the 9.0 is very new and there aren't many exploits yet for it. the older firmware had exploits which allowed you to decrypt the config file.

i don't remember being able to get telnet working (currently on ZyXEL ONU) but i think it could be somewhere in the "services" section