yuri999

Regular
ISP
Airtel BB 1699
So far, the list is:

01. nfsfan
02. Tekky
03. yuri999 (me)

What I found very interesting is the way in which they hit the Fair Usage Policy button on us. The point being that I never crossed my cap of 100gb. It is still stuck on 92 as I'm just browsing on it right now. So this was not actually a computerized move but a manual move by the admins at airtel who monitored for users downloading constantly and hit the Fair Usage Policy on them regardless of whether we crossed it or not is my theory (well in my case and members at another forum i.e IB).

Airtel is screwing with us and CC is wussing out as usual. I blew the cc guy and asked him for details about it and then he put me on hold for 10 minutes and then says "sir your voice is not clear, please speak loudly". Right. And this would happen on a new phone I just brought 2 days ago? Bastard.

The point being that I'm trying to make sense of what is happening all of a sudden and why NOW of all times. I hope I get help from all you guys.

Thanks and to those affected, please post! We really need to get justice! :clap:

PS: The DNS message is really getting on my nerves: http://i50.tinypic.com/24bmflv.jpg

I am contemplating leaving airtel now. With such an old MTNL number which my parents can not cut, voice on that is proving to be expensive. So the 999 plan suits me perfectly. Also, I am sick of the DNS messages as well. Youtube was pathetic on the swift 1099 and is more on the 650. In my case, the FUP was activate above the right limits. But that means only 50gb download(if I was torrenting)There is no way airtel will stop dealing in FUP, so better to move now.

What kind of DNS messages are you guys getting? Are you getting an error message in browser evry time you open Internet Explorer?

What kind of DNS messages are you guys getting? Are you getting an error message in browser evry time you open Internet Explorer?
http://i50.tinypic.com/24bmflv.jpg

It happens in firefox as well.

Not me! I still haven't been FUP'ed!
Well I said only affected FUP users. But I think you haven't exceeded the danger levels. Check your usage on the airtel website.

And well, all I can say is to people considering airtel to beware of their FUP if you are a heavy downloader. I've checked and seen that MTNL and Reliance don't have them.